Recent content by jrpnde

1. J

What is the "Radio Shack" connector called???

Adapter What you need is a game port to USB adapter or DB-15 to USB adapter. I got mine from Radio Shack (about $15) about a year ago. My local store didn't know what it was until I had them find it on their website...then they found it. I have read in some forums that Radio Shack may be...
  2. J

Serial to USB help

Converter The simulator should run on XP SP2. I use the Radio Shack converter but the install for your brand should be similar. The RS instructions are posted about 5 or 6 post down from this one in this forum. Notice that The RS converter setting is number 4 (or wheel). I would use the wheel...
  3. J

error install

Also.... Follow the suggestions by opjose. You probably have lingering registry entries that are hindering the install. Also.... From the Run command run this..... %temp% Delete all that finds but if the folder Temp appears don't delete that. Then go to the Microsoft website and search for...
  4. J

How can I convert my G2 from parallel interface to USB?

More Research Thanks for the reply. By the way Tom....the question is about RF G2 and not about FMS which is a free simulation software with limited capabilities that can be downloaded by anyone. But Tom may be correct about the controller communication issues. I will do a little research...
  5. J

How can I convert my G2 from parallel interface to USB?

Cable Is the connector on the controller a parallel connector or is it a 15 pin game port connector?
  6. J

Problems launching program..

Suggestion I see that someone referred to one of my previous posts about how to correct the 16 bit subsystem error. If that is your problem your error message will state that. Exactly what error are you getting? If you removed then reinstalled the program on the same computer you may have...
  7. J

Loading Program page Hanges!

Some Ideas Yours is not one of the most usual problems with install problems. I had a few issues to resolve when I first got G2. Here are some questions/statements that may lead to your problem. Not to sound mundane or critical but trying to help...... 1) You mentioned this install is on a new...
  8. J

Loading Program page Hanges!

Cd Do you have the CD in the CD drive when you're trying to run G2? I believe you have to do that for it to run.
  9. J

Start Up Error, Does not play

Another Suggestion After disabling all nonessential running processes/programs as opjose and I suggested I would uninstall the Real Flight program. Whenever you do an uninstall there could be some registry entries left behind that may conflict with a reinstall. Unless you want to remove those...
  10. J

Start Up Error, Does not play

Running Tasks I would follow the suggestion by opjose. Also, open up Task Manager to see what’s running on your computer. In WinXP the description on running processes aren’t obvious as to what they are (unless you’re really savvy with XP). Here’s a handy site………...
  11. J

RF Classic-Parallel Printer Port to USB Adapter

Not Sure Like I said I'm not sure how the install of RF would react to the adapter from the serial port connector. But, the important thing to remember is how your operating system will recognize the adapter and controller. To my knowledge all RF software versions rely on the use of the...
  12. J

RF Classic-Parallel Printer Port to USB Adapter

Connection I am not familiar with the controllers with the 25 pin serial connector...just the ones that came with a 15 pin connector that is intended for use on computers with a "game port". Most newer computers just have USB ports and the workaround to connect those is easy. I'm sure that...
  13. J

serial to usb converter.

Adapter My G2 also came with a game port connector. Go to Radio Shack and get the adapter for about $15. Here's a link that will show you the part...
  14. J

G2 XP Installation problem

Suggestions Sounds like you may have one or two problems. If the error you get during inatallation mentions anything about a 16 bit subsystem error, the Knife Edge fix probably won't help. I found a fix that works and many others have benefited from applying it. Let me know if that's your type...
  15. J

One more XP Installation Issue

More Info Please provide more info about the error you get when trying to install G2...if there is more info and the complete error message you get. As far as the USB adapter goes, there is a proper way to get the controller to work. You may find the info below helpful. Let me know how you...
Back