Hanger 9 P51d (gas 20cc) is actually electric ... wrong sound

As provided, version 9.5 has the Hanger 9 P51D (20cc) configured as electric. I can get into the model edit function and change it to gas. It gets nose heavy when I do that, so I have to move the center of gravity back. What I then get seems to have is the sound of an electric motor, but it idles rather than stops at zero throttle. Is there a way to get it to sound like a gas model, with the proper idle sounds and maybe some engine smoke (like the Mosquito has)??

@p51dmustangpilot, the Hangar 9 P-51D Mustang 20cc is sold ready for completion as either a gas or electric plane. Some of the Hangar 9 models we configured one way, some the other, and in some cases we provided variants of both setups.

I see that our P-51D 20cc description text incorrectly claims our version is using is a gas engine, though. I have filed a case to address that.

Each motor in the sim has its own specifications, including weight. Putting a heavier engine in the front vs. the one it replaces will definitely move the CG forward. If all you do is change the model type from electric to gas, the default engine may end up being a poor fit for the given plane. Be sure to choose the motor carefully after making that high-level change from electric to gas, and then you can make modifications elsewhere to affect the CG as needed.

Select the specific motor using the "Torque Generator" property in the editor after selecting the motor in the component hierarchy on the left. Use the "Sound Profile" property to change how the motor sounds.

Back