Help! RealFlight Evolution Aircraft Design for newbs.

the zero triangles is strange.
View attachment 139289

when you say a circle, a circle in blender which is a chain of verties, no surface area no volume. which I think is confusing rf since rf uses the center of surface area for prop placement not the actual pivot.
That fixed it. (y)

No 2D objects like circles, it wants something 3D, like a cylinder or torus. I used a torus.

Now I have to figure out how to unwrap and paint this thing properly.

1714755729433.png

I was thinking of an observation that may help.

When you view the axes of your pivots of the control surfaces, how large are the arrows?

I have noticed when I resize objects, they change magnitude. The scale of the mesh changes when that happens, I've noticed.

You see I was watching this tutorial, and it was recommending all meshes be scaled to 1:1 for consistency. I noticed before I heeded this advice all my meshes had different scales.

I found, on one occasion I recall, the smaller the magnitude indicated visually in blender, the less movement when imported. Don't have enough data points, but it may be worth looking at.

To reset the scale, it's select all and hit ctrl-A I believe from memory. Just doing the scale should make them all 1:1 scale.

Curious if that was your problem.
I may be wrong about this though, did you find out what your problem was @Kaizarmerchantt ?

You can adjust the deflection of any surface under "edit aircraft" in RFE. it'll either be in the respective control surfaces section or servo.

I'm just away for the weekend, can't check.

By the way, anyone have any idea why RFE imports models with wonky scales? As in, if I export the FBX as a 1,2m why is it like close to 3m on the import?

I may be wrong about this though, did you find out what your problem was @Kaizarmerchantt ?

You can adjust the deflection of any surface under "edit aircraft" in RFE. it'll either be in the respective control surfaces section or servo.

I'm just away for the weekend, can't check.

By the way, anyone have any idea why RFE imports models with wonky scales? As in, if I export the FBX as a 1,2m why is it like close to 3m on the import?
Yes, I resolved my problem by going back to CAD and checked the naming. I made mistake for the spinner naming, as soon as that was corrected my props came to visual. Apart from that I changed my landing gear from spring aluminium to stiff aluminium and balanced the CG through iterations. doing all these things resolved my issue.

thankyou though for your inputs. I had a few insights which will be points to be kept in mind for future projects.

That fixed it. (y)

No 2D objects like circles, it wants something 3D, like a cylinder or torus. I used a torus.

Now I have to figure out how to unwrap and paint this thing properly.

View attachment 139294
I am working on a different project now. I have imported a VTOL in realflight but I am unable to set the rudder physics. "Fit to component" is not working for the rudders. It is taking rudder as fuselage structure but then it wont allow me to add control surface. any idea how can i resolve this?

also tagging in @legoman , any insight?

1715248653520.png

I am working on a different project now. I have imported a VTOL in realflight but I am unable to set the rudder physics. "Fit to component" is not working for the rudders. It is taking rudder as fuselage structure but then it wont allow me to add control surface. any idea how can i resolve this?

also tagging in @legoman , any insight?

View attachment 139340
rudder need to be set manually. fit to visual has never worked on vertical stabilizers the ninety degrees of dihedral confuses rf. it also needs to be checked on most wings because any parts on the wing beside the main airfoil will confuse the fit to visual.

rudder need to be set manually. fit to visual has never worked on vertical stabilizers the ninety degrees of dihedral confuses rf. it also needs to be checked on most wings because any parts on the wing beside the main airfoil will confuse the fit to visual.
set the manually. the aircraft is flying properly now with all control surfaces working. thanks for the reply.

Back