How to Re-Download

poppaburr

I purchased Realfight 9.5 from Amazon back in 2021. I used to play it all the time and had no problems or issues.
My laptop took a dive so I took the hard drive from my laptop and plugged it into new pc computer but I keep getting error messages when i try and play it even though I moved all of the folders over.

I've tried going onto the Realflight website and for whatever reason they don't recognize my email address so I can't log on to re-download. I can't even find any purchase of Realflight in my gmail search. However I do have the receipt from Amazon.com

So I 100% purchased the program. I have the controller and the old folders to prove it. However I can't get it running on my new pc. Where is the serial number? Where can I find alternate ways to prove that I purchased it so I can download it?

Sorry if this all confusing. Please help.

Thanks,
Jeremy

What are the error messages?
It is not guaranteed, but if lucky, it may just be that your old files have hard coded links to locations from your old PC that need to be updated to where things are now stored on the new one. That has been my most common issue in transplanting RF from one PC/Hard drive to a new one. Can be a bit tedious to update the files by hand, but not at all difficult. The error messages will help us tell whether this is true in this case, or if the problem is deeper and you really do need to start over with a fresh install.

Note that you had two major Real Flight folders on the old PC:
- One folder under C:\Program Files (x86)
- Another in wherever your old "My Documents" was stored. (This is the one that may have internal files that now can't find the new locations).

Back