Landing gear sticking / high rolling resistance?

Rocketman1092

Hi all,

I've been working on Realflight models for some of my aircraft designs, and have encountered a strange issue with landing gear. I've defined my landing gear and linked it to the objects in my 3DS Max file - nosewheel steering and retracts/doors work as they should. However, the model acts as if the wheels are glued to the struts rather than free to rotate. It's possible to take off, but extremely difficult to get the model up to speed.

I've verified that my part naming, axis orientation, and hierarchy is correct. Nothing seems to be colliding with the wheels. Friction and brake settings have no effect whatsoever. Any tips on what I should be looking for next?

Are the visual frames hooked up on the wheels? Or are the wheels named differently than what is listed in the visual frame? When loading the aircraft does any orange text appear?

2021-07-06 15_11_03-Aircraft Editor - XB-35 10 c.jpg
2021-07-06 15_15_26-RealFlight 9.5.jpg

Oops, that was it. Looks like I had the visual frame linked properly for the nosewheel, but had somehow missed it for the mains. Can't believe it was such a simple mistake!

Thanks, and awesome work on the XB-35.

Oops, that was it. Looks like I had the visual frame linked properly for the nosewheel, but had somehow missed it for the mains. Can't believe it was such a simple mistake!

Thanks, and awesome work on the XB-35.

sometimes the simple ones are the hardest to find. And thank you on the XB-35.

I am curious what you are working on.

It's a loosely-scale model of the XQ-58A unmanned jet. I designed one for 3D printing a year or two ago, and thought it might be fun to get it into RealFlight. Helps to have already had the CAD!

Pretty much all that's left now is the textures.
Very nice I like it !

I am facing the same issue with the F3P plane which I downloaded.... Plane dips into its nose when I apply throttle to take off...

Any suggestion to overcome the problem ?
1702988936716.png

I am facing the same issue with the F3P plane which I downloaded.... Plane dips into its nose when I apply throttle to take off...

Any suggestion to overcome the problem ?
View attachment 137199

see post #2 in this thread for more info.

I found the plane in question and looking at the uploader. I already know the issue. the graphics wheels are likely not attached physics wheels. so Realflight thinks the aircraft has no wheels.

Back