Expansion Pack won't install for RealFlight 6?

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
PROBLEM:
My Expansion Pack(s) won't automatically install for RealFlight 6. I insert the Expansion Pack disk, but it does not seem to find my RF6 installation.

AFFECTS:
Can affect Expansion Packs 1-8. It only happens in rare circumstances, and only with RealFlight 6.

SYMPTOMS:
Carefully read each symptom description below to find the one that describes your exact situation, then follow those instructions. They are all slightly different.

Scenario #1

Symptom:
I have 2 or more previous versions of RealFlight installed (ex: G4 & G5). When I try to install an Expansion Pack, it gives me the option to install for one of those older products, but RealFlight 6 does not appear in the list.

Solution:
  1. Select one of the products in the list and click OK.
  2. Exit the Expansion Pack installer without installing.
  3. Insert your RealFlight 6 disk.
  4. Allow setup.exe to run if prompted.
  5. When the RF6 installer appears, exit it without installing.
  6. Now reinsert your Expansion Pack disk and install it normally for RealFlight 6.

Scenario #2

Symptom:
I have only 1 previous version of RealFlight installed (G3, G4, or G5). When I try to install an Expansion Pack, it never prompts me to select RealFlight 6. Instead, it wants to install in the G3/G4/G5 directory (whichever one is on your system).

Solution:
  1. Exit the Expansion Pack installer without installing.
  2. Insert your RealFlight 6 disk.
  3. Allow setup.exe to run if prompted.
  4. When the RF6 installer appears, exit it without installing.
  5. Now reinsert your Expansion Pack disk and install it normally for RealFlight 6.

Scenario #3

Symptom:
I have no other versions of RealFlight installed. When I try to install an Expansion Pack, I get the following error message:

"KEError 16078: Could not find a compatible base product on your system to use for the Expansion Pack X default installation location. If you know the location of a compatible product, please enter it manually before beginning the installation process."

Solution: DO NOT manually enter the RF6 directory. Instead do the following:
  1. Click OK.
  6. Now reinsert your Expansion Pack disk and install it normally for RealFlight 6.

If you are still having problems, contact RealFlight Technical Support.

PROBLEM:
My Expansion Pack(s) won't automatically install for RealFlight 6. I insert the Expansion Pack disk, but it does not seem to find my RF6 installation.

AFFECTS:
Can affect Expansion Packs 1-8. It only happens in rare circumstances, and only with RealFlight 6.

SYMPTOMS:
Carefully read each symptom description below to find the one that describes your exact situation, then follow those instructions. They are all slightly different.

Scenario #1

Symptom:
I have 2 or more previous versions of RealFlight installed (ex: G4 & G5). When I try to install an Expansion Pack, it gives me the option to install for one of those older products, but RealFlight 6 does not appear in the list.

Solution:

Scenario #2

Symptom:
I have only 1 previous version of RealFlight installed (G3, G4, or G5). When I try to install an Expansion Pack, it never prompts me to select RealFlight 6. Instead, it wants to install in the G3/G4/G5 directory (whichever one is on your system).

Solution:
  5. Now reinsert your Expansion Pack disk and install it normally for RealFlight 6.

Scenario #3

Symptom:
I have no other versions of RealFlight installed. When I try to install an Expansion Pack, I get the following error message:

"KEError 16078: Could not find a compatible base product on your system to use for the Expansion Pack X default installation location. If you know the location of a compatible product, please enter it manually before beginning the installation process."

1. Click OK.

I have installed exp.pack 5 to 8 together with RF 6 and for me it works absolutely perfect. I also can see them in the "select aircraft" meny. I now have almost 1000 aircrafts! with theese expansion-packs.

Last edited:
I'll add a little to this. I had the third problem. Could not get it to work when I reloaded the expansion pack as directed.

What finally did get it to work was to follow the instructions as presented here, but at the last step, load the expansion pack in the RealFLight folder. If you try to let it go to the defaults, it tries to set up a folder next to realflight and can't see the installer.

Hope this helps.

v/r

Biill

Thanks

PROBLEM:

AFFECTS:

SYMPTOMS:

Scenario #1

Symptom:

Solution:

Scenario #2

Symptom:

Solution:

Scenario #3

Symptom:

1. Click OK.

Thanks for the advice your a lifesaver!

Another Solution that worked for me was ...

I rebooted my computer and started Win7 up in Safe Mode with Networking and then installed the expansion packs that wouldn't install. Then I rebooted with Normal Startup.

Back