A-10 Thunderbolt II

Fuel wouldn't stay in that line after refueling anyway. And even if it did, that location is even more protected than normal because it has all the armor around the cannon shielding it.

If you are interested I could help you get some polys back around your entire airframe. This pic shows allot of areas where polys could be reduced without affecting detail or smoothness. You may already be planning on optimizing these areas. I know you know you stuff. If you are interested let me know.:)

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 26
Thanks but I managed to eliminate around 1000 tris so I am back down to 17,556 I think that I am ready to move on to paint at this point.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 29
refueling receptacle

Nice work oneder

The A-10 is a poly hog. I wish I knew 3D Max. I need to reduce the polys in my model but it is already mapped. I still using Wings3D

...and yep that is a Air refueling receptacle up front. Here a better picture of it in action. There is a lot more going on there than meets the eye. Electrical contacts and safety disconnects. The ability to connect the tankers interphone system with the receiving planes interphone system so they can talk and not break radio silence. I use to have to maintain a tester like this one while I was stationed at Mildenhall England.

Jeff where the hell did you get a picture of a KC 97 tanker refueling the A-10’s?

Attachments

• A-10Refuling03.jpg
    A-10Refuling03.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 20
  • FuelTester.jpg
    FuelTester.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I'm sorry guys I haven't given up on this -still having a tooth issue and working on this is no fun right now...

I was thinking of you yesterday. My tooth was giving me a bit of pain. That really gets you down!!

I can relate. I busted a tooth in half back about 2 weeks ago. So far I've gotten the root canal and a temporary crown.

Mouth pain is the worst. I had some dental work last year over a few months time. Just no fun at all.

Yea your either in pain or loopy on pain meds neither of which is a good model making formula

I hear that! I've been having issues for over two months due to my second diverticulitis attack. I was almost over it then got food poisoning the first time I tried to eat meat-notified of recall 10 days after eating it. Anyhow, I've been in constant pain for over two months now and chronic pain really wears you out, so modeling gets pushed way down the list of things to do. :(

In a recent survey somewhere, 10 out of 10 dentists agree, a person will experience dental pain at least once in their life. :D

I hear that! I've been having issues for over two months due to my second diverticulitis attack. I was almost over it then got food poisoning the first time I tried to eat meat-notified of recall 10 days after eating it. Anyhow, I've been in constant pain for over two months now and chronic pain really wears you out, so modeling gets pushed way down the list of things to do. :(

I pray you feel better soon

In a recent survey somewhere, 10 out of 10 dentists agree, a person will experience dental pain at least once in their life. :D
Wow
ten out of ten proctoligists say the same thing about their area of expertise !
And that the odds and frequency go up exponentially if you have kids !.......I've found this to be very true
:p:p

Last edited:
A-10!

You're going to make an A-10? That's awesome! I want to get into creating my own planes... Where can i start?

Back