Request RF6 Aircraft Here

Fun2av8RC,
Here are the files you need. The AV applies to my Pete n Poke and will make it fly as close to the way the Pietenpol Air Camper should as I can make it. Wings, tail feathers, etc. are different, but RF uses the raw shape of the fuselage that's in the 3D model and it is still based on the Poke's. I gave the physics model a 7' wingspan and put a Saito 72 up front. The 3D model is of course still the PnP and that is what you see, but if you look in the editor you'll see shorter but wider wings than are being used in the physics.

The CS file is just an export of the Pete n Poke's color scheme renamed Mr. Sam. This gives you the files to edit to achieve a repaint to look like your real plane. To make this process easier, I've also included a multi-layer Photo Shop file (just remove the .rfx extension and edit it with a paint program).

Enjoy,
Doug

Attachments

• Mr Sam_AV.RFX
    43.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Mr Sam_CS.RFX
    670.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Mr Sam.psd.rfx
    6.5 MB · Views: 5
DHK79,

Thanks so much. I will upload these tonight.

Jim

Fun2av8RC,
Here are the files you need. The AV applies to my Pete n Poke and will make it fly as close to the way the Pietenpol Air Camper should as I can make it. Wings, tail feathers, etc. are different, but RF uses the raw shape of the fuselage that's in the 3D model and it is still based on the Poke's. I gave the physics model a 7' wingspan and put a Saito 72 up front. The 3D model is of course still the PnP and that is what you see, but if you look in the editor you'll see shorter but wider wings than are being used in the physics.

The CS file is just an export of the Pete n Poke's color scheme renamed Mr. Sam. This gives you the files to edit to achieve a repaint to look like your real plane. To make this process easier, I've also included a multi-layer Photo Shop file (just remove the .rfx extension and edit it with a paint program).

Enjoy,
Doug

Attachments

• WH1.jpg
    WH1.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 628x471.jpg
    628x471.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
not "reportedly", they flew... difference was the power was not exactly the same. The original was powered with pressure from a Butane bottle of gas. Both reproductions serve as proof of concept and likely (maybe, sortof, could of) the first plane to fly ever. Hard to believe that none of the witnesses (testified under oath) were believed. Just out of current questioning, and historical interest, I hope someone picks up this project and brings it to completion. It is a wing warper.

A little more research revealed two full size replicas were made and reportedly flown, one in the US, and one in Germany. These links show a few pictures of the 1986 US version:

http://www.thesoundadvisor.com/2012/09/22/mysteries-at-the-museum/#!prettyPhoto

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Aviation-bible-Whitehead-first-to-fly-4348050.php#photo-4316178

Last edited:
B-26

The B-26 This is a really cool bomber but there is none of then on the swap for now so can you make this one?

Attachments

• B26_02.jpg
    B26_02.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1219.jpg
    1219.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 9
I don't know I anyone else noticed but the aircraft that is on the swaps is not a B-26. It's a Douglas A-26 Invader. The B-26 is an entirely different aircraft built by the Martin company and went by the name Marauder.

I don't know I anyone else noticed but the aircraft that is on the swaps is not a B-26. It's a Douglas A-26 Invader. The B-26 is an entirely different aircraft built by the Martin company and went by the name Marauder.

I'm not the only one who knows!? :eek:

KE has brakes set up on some of their jet models. Have you looked at them?

Why is this question not in it's own thread?

Your approach is fine however you're not accounting for the effect of the brakes.

You can use the offset/trim function to determine how much of an effect the elevator has on the brake activation or you can use a complex curve to do the same.

I prefer the latter as it lets me limit brake activation so that they START being applied when the elevator is pushed forward about 70% of travel.

Then you can set up the curve so that by 100% of travel the brakes are more fully engaged

hint you do NOT want brake pressure at 100% or your Simulated plane, like a real one, will be hopping on the rubber...

Leave the brakes always active too no conditionals are needed.

Now, as was being discussed before. The Martin B-26 marauder.
I will be looking for an R/C and if I can, I will be digging up as much info on it as I can.

Last edited:
Now, as was being discussed before. The Martin B-26 marauder.
I will be looking for an R/C and if I can, I will be digging up as much info on it as I can.

Go to the USAF museum. They have one sitting in the corner there. I have a few pictures of it.

Back