Cannot Generate A Airport RFX

U-Bird

I seem to have LOST the ability to generate a RFX after I edit or build a new Airport. The airport is saved and I can modify it in any way I want, however RFseems to refuse to generate a RFX. This is only happening with RF-6.5. I can modify in RF5 but RF6.5 has most of the airport objects I use to generate Airfields and this is getting somewhat frustrating.
When I try to export the new Airfield I get a screen flash that says C; USERS Bla Bla |Documents\RealFlight6\Scenery\Airport Objects\.cob Not found. Is there someone who would be kind enough to shed a little light on this problem along with some possible cures
Thank You U-Bird

You're not being ignored

You might feel like you're being ignored but, actually, maybe nobody that has read your post knows what is causing the problem you're having.

If you don't get a helpful reply to your post pretty soon, you might have to call or e-mail Support (button at the top of the page).

RF Directive # 1.6

Attention All Pilots

If All Else Fails:

Access RF Launcher:

Proceed To >>>>

Additional Options

Proceed To >>>>

Restore Defaults

Proceed To >>>>

Initiate Restore Defaults

Proceed To >>>>

Launch RF

On MARK

T Minus 3

MARK

All Other Activity

May Be Futile

Assume Control

Restore Defaults

Restore Defaults

Restore Defaults

Restore Defaults

Last edited:
Very strange. I don't recall ever seeing that issue before, and I don't know what would cause it.

I second Maj. Numbskully's recommendation: the first thing I would do is restore defaults using the Launcher.

If the problem persists, please post:
  1. Your system info (instructions).
  2. A screenshot of the error message.

When trying to generate a RFX for a Airport I get the following messages in the order that I am posting them. System info as shown, reseting defaults has no effective change. Ran DirectX to system check, no problems found.
U-Bird

Last edited:
Cannot generate a Airport RFX

Left out the 3rd message that is generated while trying to do a Airport RFX.
U-Bird

Last edited:

This is t6he Dirext X Diagnostic test results. This problem is only effecting RF6,6.5 and again, only AIRPORTS. I can generate new Airport Objects, Planes etc and put them all togather to fly in a new Airport, fly it today and next week or when ever, edit the field today or whenever, however everything stops when I try to EXPORT the Airport.
U-Bird

We'll try it again with the Dx log

Last edited:
Please also post your system info by following the instructions I linked in my post above (item #1).

System Info was posted in the first post I made yesterday, Item #4 of the screenshots. However, here it is again

Last edited:
Cannot Generate a Airport RFX

One more time. This is both 32bit and 64 bit tests.

Attachments

• DxDiag 32 Bit .txt
    54 KB · Views: 3
  • DxDiag 64 Bit .txt
    53.7 KB · Views: 3
Cannot Generate a Airport RFX

OK, we'll try to get it right this time???

Last edited:
Create a NEW user account on your computer, but do not use reserved characters in the account name.

Try to keep it short, e.g. "John".

Then try the same thing and see if you still have a problem.

Way2 Hot4-ME..2 Tou

has "reserved" characters in it, such as the period and dash.

Both have specific meaning to the computer and can foul up programs when they look for a specific directory path.

This is a common problem with many things in Windows and creates problems for people who utilize accents, or other non-alphanumeric characters in their names.

Last edited:

A New user account name changes nothing. The program is still looking for, see below. Have tried to find the .cob files in Realflight\Scenery\AirportObjects, and can only find files for the COBRA.RF4 and RF5, both on the same computer work fine, along with Gimp 2.6 and 2.b and Photoshop CS5, Skype and everything else on the system. Everything woorks fine, even RF6.5, untill I want to EXPORT a AIRPORT in RF6.5.

Last edited:
...............:confused:

You cant use "." ("dots") in a file or user names they reserved by windows for file extensions

Of course your machine cant find the file its looking for

because its looking for

a Mythical .touc file

Attachments

• ScreenShots849.jpg
    ScreenShots849.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yup.

Maj. zeroed in on my point.

U-Bird, you created a user account with reserved characters in the account name.

That's a big "No-no" with computers.

Any plane you've edited or modified with that account will have problems, as will anything that tries to find a path back to the original files.

You should create a new user account with a standard name.

Then use that to work with Realflight.

THAT changes EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
Shouldn't he of got some kind a Windows warning at the time he was making it ?
As I recall when you use a reserved character incorrectly it pops up a warning/error

Back