DSERR_NODRIVER on Startup

D

DEC

Support,

I've recently had to re-install my G2 because of a drive replacement and now I'm getting the following error on my attempt to launch the product.

Error: DSERR_NODRIVER
File: L:\kelib2a\DirectX\DXDirectSound.cpp

Since I don't even have a "L" drive on my Windows 2000 system this must be some hardcoded filename in your code.

Please inform me how I can resolve this problem and get back to some stick time.

Thanks!

Don

Resolution

I'm glad to see a G3 release, but not at the expense of your G2 customers. As I received no Technical Support response from this thread, but did finally determine what the problem was on my own. About the same time that my problems occurred with my G2 I also experianced a problem with my sound card. To make the plug and play Win2K actions occur again for my sound card I simply removed the card, started up my system, shutdown normally, then reinstalled the card and started my system back up. The "new" hardware was recognized and the appropriate plug and play actions performed. My sound card once again works and so does my G2. Back to some stick time.

Had Same problem in Vista, found this solution: For the same error, different game

Which didn't work because I couldn't figure out how to disable the Mic Detection (that is causing the error).

I Plugged my headphones into the Mic port on the front of the computer and the game started fine... Hurray! (unplugged them after the game started and it kept running so it's just a start up thing)

Apparently Vista Enumerates the front port Mic as an audio device but then disables it if it's not in use, during startup RealFlight G2 tries to initialize all the audio controllers and when it gets to the Mic and it's not there it crashes.

What a mess I worked for hours , looking on google did not work finding this
thread but your advice worked fine
Just plug your headphones into the mic jack on the front of the computer
THANK YOU

G2 on Vista

I tried the headphones, no joy. evidently it is not possible to run G2 on Vista. I tried going into the properties/compatibility, disabled the security, etc. I wanted to put it on a laptop to use for public relations events for the club. Thanks again Microsoft.

Have you tried this for running under Vista? It's written for G3.5, but I bet it applies to G2 also.

Windows7 join G2 is Also the this information appears...
Finally found a way Not required insert a headphone plug

Back