Transferring Drone Models to V7.5

rhoude

Hi,

Is there any way drone models can be copied/moved from RFDrone to RFV7.5?

Also, which RF7.5 drones have a FPV camera?

I just got RFDrone and the V7.5 Upgrade and am learning to work them.

Thanks,
Ron

It is not possible to import files from realflight Drone to realflight 7.5.

It is possible to add cameras to any of the aircraft in 7.5 though and many of the multirotors already have gimbal mounted cameras installed.

It is not possible to import files from realflight Drone to realflight 7.5.

It is possible to add cameras to any of the aircraft in 7.5 though and many of the multirotors already have gimbal mounted cameras installed.

I must be missing something, or have I installed RF7.5 incorrectly? I created a copy of the Quadcopter X model, but when I go to the Component tab in the Edit tool, all editing options are grayed out.

Ron

Thanks a million for the assistance. I'm getting the hang of this a little at a time.

Next issue: when I load the H4 Quadcopter, a Live FPV Feed is attached to the fuselage. When I go the Views... Camera however, the Live FPV Feed (F4) is grayed out. I have a similar situation with all drones I have loaded, it seems. How do I get the F4 view enabled?

Thanks again,
Ron

The component tab, pertains "Specifically", to the lower Tab you have selected, and the selected location (highlighted), there in.
e.g. If the "Physics tab>Fuselage>Fuselage" is selected, the "Component>Add" will give you, a list of physical components, you can add, to That Parent.
Like a Camera, or, Movable Pod, Camera.
Add, and Adjust to your specified X,Y,Z coordinates, angles, etc. Movable Pods require setup, for movement control.
Load the Stock "Quadcopter". In the editor, you can check out a camera setup, with Tilt Ch 8, and Swivel Ch 6. Reverse Engineer to fit your needs.
Note Stock Aircraft files are protected. You cant screw up a stock file. If you make changes to a stock file, before you are allowed to exit the editor, you are prompted to Name the "New File". This will Create a New File, while Preserving the Stock, Unchanged File
If you leave the editor, with out saving files, no harm, no foul. Files will revert back, to the state they were, when you first opened the Editor.

IMHO RealFlight Drone is much better for learning to fly drones. It has a mode window you can keep visible so you know whether you are flying in "position hold", "altitude hold", "stabilization" or "acro" In 7.5 you have to guess unless you edit the settings yourself.

Note: I deleted comment about control in 7.5 Vs Drone. I found the apparent differences were really due to intermittent problems with my controller going bad (which RealFlight has generously replaced a no charge).

Drone was reasonably good practice for flying the real thing. If I'd learned to fly drones in 7.5 i suspect I'd have wrecked all my drones in very short order due to highly unrealistic expectations of what the controls would actually do. AFAIAC, the "drones" in RF 7.5 are just a computer game unrelated to actual drones until and IF I can find out how to adjust them to match the real things (which the default settings do not remotely do on the few I've tried so far).

If you already know how to fly a drone you can presumably adjust the settings in 7.5 to at least approximate its control characteristics. But if you are already that familiar with the real thing what do you need a simulator for?
===================
Note: I deleted my comment about control in 7.5 Vs Drone. I found the apparent differences were really due to intermittent problems with my controller going bad (which RealFlight has generously replaced a no charge). In the future I will "pin it down" harder before posting.

Last edited:
Update. In RealFlight 7.5 it apparently is critical to calibrate your controller

even if it is the Elite controller by Futaba that comes with \ RF 7.5

I up graded from RealFlight Drone to RealFlight 7.5, both of which use the same controller: the Elite by Futaba. But evidently having used the controller with Drone makes it necessary to CALIBRATE it when using 7.5.

After I had tried many other things without success I found that my funky wild toggle responses to the "Quadcopter X" (the generic drone in 7.5 that looks like a DJU Pantom) were then about the same as I had experienced with that drone in RealFlight Drone instead of wildly different as they had been before calibrating my Elite controller in 7.5 (despite having calibrated it in Drone before).

Both RealFlight 7.5 and Drone now keep having trouble detecting my controller and when I "retry" still can't detect it. Even when I close the program and restart it usually still can't detect the controller. The solution appears to be to UNPLUG the controller when switching back and forth between RF 7.5 and RF Drone (or any of the other flight simulations I use it for (FPVFreeRider, etc). I would have thought that each program could remember your controller but apparently not - there appears to be something in the controller that gets reset differently by each different program (even different ones by RF) and it remembers and has to get unplugged (which probably wipes the setting memory from the controller. THIS IS JUST MY BEST GUESS at what the continuing problem is.

When getting problems, just unplug and replug the controller and try again.

If the toggles don't seem to be getting appropriate responses, try re calibrating the controller.

I got 7.5 to use for fixed wings (and later helicopters) so for now I just use Drone for Drones and 7.5 for fixed wings. (Later, since 7.5 has drones that Drone doesn't have, I'll try some of them on 7.5)

Thanks a million for the assistance. I'm getting the hang of this a little at a time.

Next issue: when I load the H4 Quadcopter, a Live FPV Feed is attached to the fuselage. When I go the Views... Camera however, the Live FPV Feed (F4) is grayed out. I have a similar situation with all drones I have loaded, it seems. How do I get the F4 view enabled?

Thanks again,
Ron
It's not what aircraft you're using but what airport.

Only a few airports allow all options for type of camera (fixed, nose, chase, or gimbal (or, in the case of fixed wing, cockpit) Most allow only the fixed view.

My guess is this is because the database of the airports that allow only fixed view are just far too limited to allow for the other views to be computed. I find this highly disappointing as I am interested only in learning to fly FPV (or the close equivalent: nose)

If the aircraft you are flying can't use the view option you want, try the same aircraft in a different airport instead of switching aircraft, which wouldn't make any difference if you stay in the same airport. Most airports only allow fixed view (I suspect because it's a lot cheaper - much smaller database to create).

I was astonished to see how extremely limited the view is in the cockpit view. The control panel blocks the view of everything dead ahead in a 30 or 40 degree arc (except for the sky above you). Is it really THAT bad in real aircraft, or is this some artifact from the sim being developed for RCs instead of real planes?. I fly fixed wings with the nose view because when I try cockpit view (supposedly more realistic) I get too lost just trying to figure out where the ____ I am with the extremely limited view that I don't have time to think enough about the controls (at least while learning).

Ok gang, I knwo this is a older post, I have flown RC planes and Heli's for over 30 years.
However since, I got out of it and sold all of it to focus on Drones. I have the DJI Spark , Mavic Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro, There all great.

My Question is I have RF 7.5 and every software program since day one. I want the Drones to feel and fly like or close to the DJI product, So I can fly during the bad winters in Iowa.

So Is there a way in RF 7.5 to set them to fly more like these new drones ?
Do I need to Also purchase RF Drone?

Thanks for any info !
Jeff

Back