Grumman F8F Bearcat

Okay guys I'm thinking I want to wait until Saturday to release the plane again because of the people that downloaded it without the correct default color scheme. I think non-forum people tend to drop by on Saturday and check for any new planes and I'm thinking they'll see the F8F at the top of the list again and know there was a change and download it again. It really bothers me that people would think I released a plane without any markings on the wings, a pretty bad mistake on my part. So I'm uploading the release build here and it would be nice if a few of you would grab it, test it, and report back if it's okay. I sure don't want to mess up the next release. So here's the exact file I'll release this Saturday, no rebuilds in-between then and now.

I'm happy to hear your thoughts on waiting too.

Last edited:
A special thank you to everyone that's doing color schemes for the F8F all of them are very cool and I feel bad for making you wait till Saturday to be able to upload some of them. But until now and then you can call me bad names and talk about me :)

Hi Guys Happy Father's Day, I hope all the Dad's out there have a Great Doy
Ron
I am sure that having a great day is possible, as long as my bike starts, and it isn't anything hotter than 90 ....

Thank You, and the same to all other Dads. :cool:

Tech, do you know the fix for the RF8 import into X, that causes the prop in the mid Fuse.
See post#328 eFLIGHT TIMBER. Scroll dow and see my max screenie

I saw a post by you where I think you said I had a fix for it but I don't remember anything about it, did I post a comment saying I knew a fix for it? Duh!

Downloaded the latest Bearcat, now of to look for something to bump into with the gear down, (should not be too difficult the way I fly).

DDawg.

I thought you might prefer to see it uploaded today so I just uploaded it again hopefully this is the final version. I looked at it carefully and tested it in RF-8 and RF-X so it should be okay. You might download it and test it first to make sure it looks okay to you before you upload your color schemes. You've done lots of work on your color schemes so I know you want to get your work out there.

DDawg.

I thought you might prefer to see it uploaded today so I just uploaded it again hopefully this is the final version. I looked at it carefully and tested it in RF-8 and RF-X so it should be okay. You might download it and test it first to make sure it looks okay to you before you upload your color schemes. You've done lots of work on your color schemes so I know you want to get your work out there.

LOL ... I have, and I did check it out ... ALL GOOD on my home front ...

And, No worries mate. You have done well.

But, if by chance ... it needs to be re-vamped ... Deleting is easy ...

And ... now ... the latest CS updated ...

Attachments

• USCG_SAR1.jpg
    USCG_SAR1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 4
  • USCG_SAR2.png
    USCG_SAR2.png
    413.2 KB · Views: 3
  • USCG_SAR3.jpg
    USCG_SAR3.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 3
  • USCG_SAR4.png
    USCG_SAR4.png
    360.9 KB · Views: 3
OPPs I forgot to answer your question.

Total Triangles (Collision) 1,496
Total Triangles (Visual) 58,857
Total Triangles 60,353

Cool. Do you like any twin planes with radials? F7f, p-61/rf-61 (photo recon (no guns)). Or maybe a plane with the engine out in the breeze? (Viewable from all sides)

Back