E-flite AT

I took it as a suggestion.

That's just semantics. Telling two modelers what to model or suggesting what they model is the same thing, not proper. It's their choice not your choice. Be respectful of what others are doing it isn't your place to recommend or tell.

I would prefer to make it as the foam plane, because I think it would get more downloads.

Of course and that's why I said what I did, and a good choice I might add.

Going by the planes technoid has modeled recently a quarter scale version of the AT-802U would be a 15 foot armed to the teeth war plane compared to a 60 inch foam plane so I don't understand your comment. Both are cool for different reasons. Most would like the foam version because that's the big deal now days. Me I want the 15 foot war plane hopefully with all the armament on it. And why would you feel comfortable telling people what to model.

Your right they are cool for different reasons

what I was getting at was more we could use the same fuse (canopy is different), wings, and landing gear for both planes.

You all can do what ever you want. I just did not really want see two people making two sets of 3d parts in two build treads. That are the same plane but different variants.

I just did not really want see two people making two sets of 3d parts in two build treads. That are the same plane but different variants.

Do you realize you did the exact same thing again? Maybe you can't see your own behavior or you are unable to verbalize your intent properly. You could have said they should collaborate to save duplication but not say 'I just did not really want to see two people making two sets of 3d parts in two build threads'. You're telling two people what to do or suggesting it, if you want to argue wording, but either way it's not your place to do that. Actually I'm trying to help you whether it appears that way or not. I've seen you many times over the years tell others what they should or should not be doing like you are a controller of the forum. You aren't.

The low cost 3d program Donamy said he uses often creates parts with lines running in odd places it's not like what you get with 3ds Max. Donamy would you be interested in posting an fbx export of your plane? That way if technoid chooses to model the AT-802U he can see if any of your parts are usable for it.

I am trying to be a nicer guy but I'll admit I don't care to see one person telling others what to do. Most people choose not to confront it or call it something else, but inside themselves they really know what it is.

I'll be happy with the E-Flite version as originally planned :) One of these days I may get a real one to fly (model). The only HH plane I have flying currently is a Night Vapor.

I'll be happy with the E-Flite version as originally planned :) One of these days I may get a real one to fly (model). The only HH plane I have flying currently is a Night Vapor.
BD, you are aware of the fact, that it doesn`t come with rotors... right..??...:p:p:D

The low cost 3d program Donamy said he uses often creates parts with lines running in odd places it's not like what you get with 3ds Max. .

I've been working on that with the smoothing in MAX, and how shadows fall on the model. Have to turn some triangles and stuff.

Any updates Donamy..??:D

Not yet, and they will be few. Watching Daytona this weekend. :D

Not yet, and they will be few. Watching Daytona this weekend. :D
OK, was just curious if you had something for us..;)And hell yeah !!!, I`m watching everything Daytona this weekend as well, The clash was insane !!!..I have been watching everything NASCAR since they aired the first Daytona 500 from beginning to end in `79. I never really could understand people that don`t like it, Their reasoning being, "who like`s watching a bunch of cars going in circles",... Man, it`s so much more than that..!!!, OK, gotta go, the big guns are going to start their final practice. :):):D

Last edited:
I stopped watching NASCAR the last few years. Just too boring see Kyle lead and win almost every race. Not to mention the commentators constantly talking about him.

It'd be interesting to see your progress Donamy if you decide to share it.

I stopped watching NASCAR the last few years. Just too boring see Kyle lead and win almost every race. Not to mention the commentators constantly talking about him.

It'd be interesting to see your progress Donamy if you decide to share it.

BUT BD...:eek::eek:, it`s the Daytona 500..:cool::cool:, it`s not to late, Pres. Trump hasn`t given the command to start engines, but it`s getting very close, and yes, the Pres. is giving the command, that comes from a reliable source. they showed his plane on approach to the track, they buzzed it @ 800 ft., and then landed.

Well, since no race today, here's some progress. Pretty much finished modeling and started mapping.

Attachments

• ATupdate.jpg
    ATupdate.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 19
Well, since no race today, here's some progress. Pretty much finished modeling and started mapping.
HA, I`m always afraid of the 500 getting rained out,.:(.. oh well, now there`ll be a race on tomorrow.:D.. The AT looks fantastic Donamy, your work is great..;) :D, thanks for the update.

Thanks. I'm going to add a detachable crop sprayer with alot of smoke. Anyone know the limit on smokers ? I guess too many will make it a slide show.

Thanks. I'm going to add a detachable crop sprayer with alot of smoke. Anyone know the limit on smokers ? I guess too many will make it a slide show.
Her`s some pics that should help

Attachments

• ScreenShot437.jpg
    ScreenShot437.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot440.jpg
    ScreenShot440.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot441.jpg
    ScreenShot441.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot443.jpg
    ScreenShot443.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 7
Here`s a couple more, HMM, I didn`t know AT`s came with radials, or I may have forgotten..:p:p..I guess they were early versions..??? that would a cool version to have in RF

Attachments

• ScreenShot445.jpg
    ScreenShot445.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 15
  • ScreenShot444.jpg
    ScreenShot444.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 9
Back