40% Pitts Challenger (Bulldog)

1584146940155.png1584146989791.png
i think this the best ill be able to do i cant seem to make it different on each blade ill keep trying but heres what i got

If I’m not mistaken, when a prop is modeled, only one blade is actually modeled. RF will duplicate that one blade to the specified number of blades so I highly doubt each blade can be different. I appreciate the effort you’re putting into it.

If I’m not mistaken, when a prop is modeled, only one blade is actually modeled. RF will duplicate that one blade to the specified number of blades so I highly doubt each blade can be different. I appreciate the effort you’re putting into it.
Yeah, that`s my understanding as well (prop tute in 6 designers corner, pg. 1) really wasn`t sure though. Regardless, what edge has done, will fill the bill very nicely.m.. ;) :D

1584150726960.png
Been having a mess around with it and seems you can't make both sides different but I think it's still definitely looks clot nicer than just the standard prop :) this is prop I found in rf7 that I was able to customize

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    338 KB · Views: 7
Just a little more progress. Got the fuselage flattened on the bottom, Front flying wires pretty much setup, and started working on the tail wires.

Attachments

• 3dsMax.jpg
    3dsMax.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 12
  • 3dsMax_01.jpg
    3dsMax_01.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 12
Just a little more progress. Got the fuselage flattened on the bottom, Front flying wires pretty much setup, and started working on the tail wires.
Looking SWEETER with every update Andy, really can`t wait to put a paint brush on it. I`ve been working on the graphics, the smaller ones are a PITA to clean up. I`m really not sure what "exact" CS your doing, but if it includes some of the larger graphic...(bulldog text and pic. of dog)..., I`ve got them done if you want them, just let me know, I`ll be happy to send them... ;) ;) :D

Looking SWEETER with every update Andy, really can`t wait to put a paint brush on it. I`ve been working on the graphics, the smaller ones are a PITA to clean up. I`m really not sure what "exact" CS your doing, but if it includes some of the larger graphic...(bulldog text and pic. of dog)..., I`ve got them done if you want them, just let me know, I`ll be happy to send them... ;) ;) :D
My CS most likely will be 100% self designed. I doubt I’ll do anything that needs the graphics you’re making. Thanks though.

I do appreciate all the kind words guys.

I think I'm going to stick a fork in this one and call it done as far as modeling goes. I have a lot of touch up work yet to do, but I believe I'm through adding objects. This is the first model ever that I didn't pay attention to the poly count. In fact, I had to go back and look at the final count while making this post. As you can see in the screenshot, 36696 polys and 76 objects make up this model. However, there won't be near that many objects once it's complete. Anyway, next step for me, after cleaning up the geometry of course, will be naming and setting pivots, then parenting, and finally mapping. I always wait till the end to map simply because I've run into issues in the past where I run into bad geometry and had to remake parts and the mapping would be wasted upon repairs.

All that being said, here's the last renders for a while. I'll pick back up with them once I start the mapping process and it goes into the paint booth.

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 20
  • final_01.jpg
    final_01.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 17
  • wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 03-16-20 at 11.58 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 03-16-20 at 11.58 PM.PNG
    673.4 KB · Views: 18
I think I'm going to stick a fork in this one and call it done as far as modeling goes. I have a lot of touch up work yet to do, but I believe I'm through adding objects. This is the first model ever that I didn't pay attention to the poly count. In fact, I had to go back and look at the final count while making this post. As you can see in the screenshot, 36696 polys and 76 objects make up this model. However, there won't be near that many objects once it's complete. Anyway, next step for me, after cleaning up the geometry of course, will be naming and setting pivots, then parenting, and finally mapping. I always wait till the end to map simply because I've run into issues in the past where I run into bad geometry and had to remake parts and the mapping would be wasted upon repairs.

All that being said, here's the last renders for a while. I'll pick back up with them once I start the mapping process and it goes into the paint booth.
The important number I see is the triangle count which is 63,240. RF 6.5 had 20k and RF 7.5 had 27k so that's the cool thing about the new versions of RF they have 135k triangle count limit. That's a very cool looking plane Andy I'm sure looking forward to your finished version. Great Work ( as always ).

Oh.. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what color scheme you come up with.

ThanksTech. The 63,240 you’re seeing includes other models I have imported into the scene. I was playing around with renders one night and just haven’t ever deleted them out yet. That number includes the Knight Twister and Mustang. The Pitts is just 36,696.

ThanksTech. The 63,240 you’re seeing includes other models I have imported into the scene. I was playing around with renders one night and just haven’t ever deleted them out yet. That number includes the Knight Twister and Mustang. The Pitts is just 36,696.
Okay thanks that makes more sense the 63k number seemed high for just the plane. Question. Did you model the springs manually? I ask because I couldn't see a way to lower the segment count using the 3ds Max helix part I used to create mine.

I’ll have to double check, but I believe there is/was a spring object, but that has been so long ago I don’t really remember.

Back