40% Pitts Challenger (Bulldog)

What do you by "sent", where too...??
Andy sent the Knight Twister to me and when I imported it in my RF9 it did the same thing as the Pitts, meaning it took several minutes to import and then if you loaded the plane in the Editor it took minutes to load in the editor too and then I got the unexpected error message and RF9 exited. So I have the same problem loading either plane the Knight Twister or the Pitts Challenger.

I just did two experiments and sent the results to Andy. What I did was take the KEX and the TGA files from the RF9 install that took so long and copied them to a temp folder inside my RF8 RFX directory and then Imported each plane in my RF8 and both of them imported quickly and worked fine. Then I exported both planes from my RF8 and then Imported both planes in my RF9 and they imported quickly and worked fine there too. So at this point it appears there's some sort of issue with the RFX file that Andy's RF8 creates because I can use the SAME files here and create an RFX that works fine. At this point I have no idea what the issue is but we're working on it. I thought I'd give a little info so you'd know what going on.

It'd be interesting to know what version of RF8 he is running. My version is currently 8.00.056 (Horizon Hobby Edition) and it does the same things as yours. Since getting RF9 I don't run it often or 7.5 anymore but keep them installed.

It'd be interesting to know what version of RF8 he is running. My version is currently 8.00.056 (Horizon Hobby Edition) and it does the same things as yours. Since getting RF9 I don't run it often or 7.5 anymore but keep them installed.
I checked and I was indeed running an older version (8.00.019 I believe it was). I updated and am now running 8.00.056. Let's see if this changed anything. Here's a .rfx exported out of .056.

Attachments

• Pilot Pitts Challenger_EA.RFX
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
I checked and I was indeed running an older version (8.00.019 I believe it was). I updated and am now running 8.00.056. Let's see if this changed anything. Here's a .rfx exported out of .056.

Guess that wasn't it. Still had the same trouble in RF8 and RF9. Thanks for testing the theory.

Man, thanks for the input. I figured I'd go here with the file this time simply because Tech has imported countless files trying to figure this problem out, and honestly, I'm tired of going through the process.

Andy sent the Knight Twister to me and when I imported it in my RF9 it did the same thing as the Pitts, meaning it took several minutes to import and then if you loaded the plane in the Editor it took minutes to load in the editor too and then I got the unexpected error message and RF9 exited. So I have the same problem loading either plane the Knight Twister or the Pitts Challenger.

I just did two experiments and sent the results to Andy. What I did was take the KEX and the TGA files from the RF9 install that took so long and copied them to a temp folder inside my RF8 RFX directory and then Imported each plane in my RF8 and both of them imported quickly and worked fine. Then I exported both planes from my RF8 and then Imported both planes in my RF9 and they imported quickly and worked fine there too. So at this point it appears there's some sort of issue with the RFX file that Andy's RF8 creates because I can use the SAME files here and create an RFX that works fine. At this point I have no idea what the issue is but we're working on it. I thought I'd give a little info so you'd know what going on.
Thanks for the clarification Tech., I sure hope you guys can get it figured out.

Hopefully, this is a fixed version. At least it worked fine for Technoid. If you were having troubles with the files before PLEASE give this one a try and let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• Pilot Pitts Challenger_EA.RFX
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
Thanks!!! I’ll wait a bit more before going farther just to make sure others have the same result.

Ok, I’m seeing a trend in the positive for a change, so I’m going to jump the gun and say it’s probably fixed.

P.S. ALWAYS CHECK THE DATE ON YOUR COMPUTER IF YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS IMPORTING FILES INTO RF. :mad:???

Ok, I’m seeing a trend in the positive for a change, so I’m going to jump the gun and say it’s probably fixed.

P.S. ALWAYS CHECK THE DATE ON YOUR COMPUTER IF YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS IMPORTING FILES INTO RF. :mad:???
Boy I'm sure glad it's fixed but it was caused by a strange problem.

You must be getting old your computer didn't know what day it was. HA !!!

Drop a wing and this thing becomes a handful. I'm really liking how I've got it flying, which really isn't much different than the last release. What's everyone's thoughts so far? My next quest is to setup the tail gear springs to work with the rudder. That's the fun part.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1587099830.jpg
    ScreenShot1587099830.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 10
Real glad to hear that things are apparently fixed Andy, Tech., thanks for your help as well. On a side note, I just finished the "aircraft design studio" sponsor logo today on the CS I`m doing, it`s the one on the top of the wing strut, I`ll give it a test fit tomorrow, and see how it looks, it`s one of the smaller ones, BUT, not the smallest, which came out extremely nice, I was really surprised, I expected it to be a blur, it`s actually a pic. of a small plane,... yeah, you have to zoom in, call it an Easter egg if you will/want..? ;) :D

Last edited:
Loads fast in RF9 and RF8.
Only one small problem I notice is when loaded into Flight School HD Airport the right wheel sinks into the ground. Does not happen at any other airport.

Back