Extra NG

Yes, I plan on making everything I possibly can with this build. I know 85% of it will rarely/never be seen, but it’s for my personal satisfaction really. And for those that enjoy that kind of thing, I hope I do it justice.

Yes, I plan on making everything I possibly can with this build. I know 85% of it will rarely/never be seen, but it’s for my personal satisfaction really. And for those that enjoy that kind of thing, I hope I do it justice.
There's no doubt you'll do it justice. And a lot of people look at the plane close in the editor so all the cool stuff will be seen.

It's looking great. Those details are fun huh?
lol! Yeah, they can be a pain sometimes, but that’s why I like doing them too. It forces me to learn new things, and then I smack myself in the head and think dummy, you could’ve been making this that way a long time ago a whole lot easier. ?

It's like puzzle solving right? I'm always thinking what is a more efficient way of doing this. It makes my OCD smile.

Right?! I saw something on mapping just last night that looked interesting but don’t know if it’ll work or not for what we do. They used the relax tool.

The relax tool has very mixed results. It's always worth a try but it can disappoint on most occasions. Especially if the poly group has a hole.

Kind of what I was figuring. I think I’ve tried it before with poor results. I’m constantly looking for easier ways to map. I’m dreading it on this build. There’s going to be SOOO much to map once I’m done.

Kind of what I was figuring. I think I’ve tried it before with poor results. I’m constantly looking for easier ways to map. I’m dreading it on this build. There’s going to be SOOO much to map once I’m done.
I would suggest mapping as you go. It keeps mapping from being overwhelming.

I can see that. I’ve kind of done that some already with the carbon fiber I’ve got so far. I applied a checkerboard pattern to a material and bumped the tilling way up to simulate the look for now till I find a reasonable texture to use. Those parts are mapped though to make that material work properly.

Yeah recently I've been doing lots of mapping as I go it definitely helps at the end when you do the final mapping. Like Boof69 said it really lowers the frustration level of doing it all at once.

Back