Extra NG

Does anyone know if RF will support the raytrace materials? I know it didn’t when I used the Arnold materials, which are great but not easily returned to standard, so I thought I’d ask before changing everything around. The raytrace materials have a little more adjustability and you can see the result. Not to mention, that last render took less than a minute (compared to 20-30 with my old ways to get close to this), and minimal lighting. I’d love for this look to be able to transfer over, or at least be pretty close.

cant wait how long left
It’s going to be a while. The modeling is about 80% done, then mapping, CS, physics and probably some refinements on something then starting over the import process again.

with life opening back up I’m also having to prioritize things a bit differently so I don’t have as much time to invest. In fact, I haven’t opened Max since my last update. Maybe tonight though.

It’s going to be a while. The modeling is about 80% done, then mapping, CS, physics and probably some refinements on something then starting over the import process again.

with life opening back up I’m also having to prioritize things a bit differently so I don’t have as much time to invest. In fact, I haven’t opened Max since my last update. Maybe tonight though.
So it should be ready by tomorrow then. <grin>

Boy I love that render where can I find some info on setting up renders like that?
Thanks. Study photorealistic rendering. There’s not much out there on using the scan line renderer so you have to kind of improvise a little. I do a lot of YouTube watching and trial and error. Lighting and material setup can be tricky to get just right, and to be honest, I probably spend about as much time figuring these renders out (if not more) as I do on the model itself. If you give me a new scene with an untouched object, it would take me a while to render it nicely.

Thanks. Study photorealistic rendering. There’s not much out there on using the scan line renderer so you have to kind of improvise a little. I do a lot of YouTube watching and trial and error. Lighting and material setup can be tricky to get just right, and to be honest, I probably spend about as much time figuring these renders out (if not more) as I do on the model itself. If you give me a new scene with an untouched object, it would take me a while to render it nicely.
Thanks I'll take a look after I finish my plane and see what I can find out. I could give you something but I don't want to take up your time you have your own plane to work on.

Back