Newbie help...RF trainer, DX6e, WS2000, Win 10

Martinsonly1

Hi, new to rc, want to use my new DX6e transmitter w/WS2000 dongle in RFTrainer Edition on Steam, Windows 10, fully updated.
Binds to dongle, launch game, it won't, says it can't see controller. Can't work in game to add controller, etc because it won't launch without it seen.
Very frustrated. Getting ready to ask for refunds and move on.

new DX6e transmitter, w/WS2000 dongle, RFTrainer Edition on Steam, Windows 10, fully updated.
Binds to dongle, launch game, it won't, says it can't see controller. Can't work in game to add controller, etc because it won't launch without it seen.
The first thing to try is to go into the Win10 settings and add the WS2000 as a usb device. It should eventually show up as a usb gamepad.
Click "START" then click the little gear (settings) and then go into "Devices"; try looking under 'other devices'.

PS edit: you may need to update your usb drivers.

marcus

All USB's are updated. WS2000 powers, will blink and bind, etc...
Won't add in Device settings, other or any. Doesn't show up in Device Manager. As if it doesn't load a driver at all.

Lol, unbelievable! After many attempts it randomly popped up as Spektrum Receiver... Thanks for you response.
Marty
Yeah, you can thank Windows 10 for 'that' little glitch. Thinking back on it, it took a couple of 'cycles' of plugging and unplugging before mine was recognized also...

marcus

From time to time, look at the device manager in Windows. It can be messed up and needs to be pruned and recreated. Plugging and Unplugging usually results in a mess.

The first thing to try is to go into the Win10 settings and add the WS2000 as a usb device. It should eventually show up as a usb gamepad.
Click "START" then click the little gear (settings) and then go into "Devices"; try looking under 'other devices'.

PS edit: you may need to update your usb drivers.

marcus
Hello, I know this post is quite old but I am also new to this world and you seem very knowledgeable. I was going to buy the WS2000 but wanted to make sure that first this will work with my apple computer and second my controller the Spectrum DX6E will work with the real flight simulator? I almost want to return the DX6e and get the 8 because my goal is to learn to fly Heli's after I have mastered planes. Seems like a good step to take first.
Thanks for any help.
Broc

my apple computer
Your Apple needs to run Windows. If it's running Apple's OS, it won't work. RF is Windows only. Your DX6e should work with the WS2000, but you'll be limited to 6 channels of the available 8 in the WS2000. But even 8 channels can be pretty limiting if you move to more advanced aircraft.

marcushh777 hasn't been active for a couple of years, so likely will not respond.

Can't help with the WS2000 question, as I am not an Apple computer user. But do know that Real Flight is a Windows program, and so there are a couple of hoops to jump through to get it to run on an Apple machine. Some report success, and some great frustration. Do a search in these forums to get a bit more info about the issues others may have encountered, and perhaps resolved.

If the cost difference is workable, yes - upgrade to the 8 as Bill noted. Having only 6 channels will be very limiting in the sim, and somewhat limiting in real life.

marcushh777 hasn't been active for a couple of years, so likely will not respond.

Can't help with the WS2000 question, as I am not an Apple computer user. But do know that Real Flight is a Windows program, and so there are a couple of hoops to jump through to get it to run on an Apple machine. Some report success, and some great frustration. Do a search in these forums to get a bit more info about the issues others may have encountered, and perhaps resolved.

If the cost difference is workable, yes - upgrade to the 8 as Bill noted. Having only 6 channels will be very limiting in the sim, and somewhat limiting in real life.
Thank you so much. So disappointing when companies tailor to Windows only There is a huge population of apples users out there. I would say more than Windows but not sure. Any ways there is a way to run windows through apple but I am not set up currently to do that.

Any ways there is a way to run windows through apple but I am not set up currently to do that.
There are several threads here discussing how to use an Apple to run RF. But they all require that the Apple is running Windows. My understanding is that there are 2 different ways to run Windows on an Apple. You might want to read those threads to determine which way might work best with your particular Apple model. But AFAIK, without Windows, you're out of luck.

Back