Sea Vixen FAW 2

Very cool plane to model asj. Legoman, good question about the "Coal hole", for those of you that don`t know what it is, it`s a flush cockpit on the starboard side of the plane for the radar operator, the jet IS a two seater (see pic.)...asj I gotta ask, will it have folding wings ....???

Attachments

• SEA VIXEN.PNG
    SEA VIXEN.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Very cool plane to model asj. Legoman, good question about the "Coal hole", for those of you that don`t know what it is, it`s a flush cockpit on the starboard side of the plane for the radar operator, the jet IS a two seater (see pic.)...asj I gotta ask, will it have folding wings ....???
It would not be a Sea Vixen without folding wings, here is rough image of wings fold.

Attachments

• Folding wings-1.jpg
    Folding wings-1.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 28
YES. I love this plane. I would ask how big and what engine. but I dont need a answer now I just want to know. also will it have the "Coal hole"?
I was thinking 1/4 scale (150 inch wingspan) or 1/5 scale (120 inch wingspan)
What engine would you recommend for either of these versions ? (I have no idea).
Here is a quick animation of Coal Hole Lid open and ready for coal delivery.

Attachments

• Coal Hole Lid.jpg
    Coal Hole Lid.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 20
The model is coming along slowly, into some mapping at the moment.
Do you have any information on the nose gear retract system, I cannot find a clear video of retract sequence, the nose gear has 3 doors and the gear must pivot/fold because the gear is too long to just rotate into the gear well.

I cannot find a clear video of retract sequence either but the gear well seems to be quite long as it is packed with tissue paper to prevent over spray and the gear does not appear to fold.

took it from this link
Sea vixen nose gear 2.JPG

some close ups of the gear
Sea vixen nose gear.JPG

and some model sized peices
Sea vixen nose gear 3.JPG

Back