PX-51

I wanted a little more taper so I reduced the wing tip thickness from 75% to 60% and that definitely helped. I also moved the gear in a little more than I did yesterday. I guess I'd call this a semi-profile plane since the fuselage is just thick enough to fit the diameter of the spinner. So a fun scale semi-profile Mustang Stunter.

PX-51 37.jpg

Last edited:
Looks better with every update, does the taper affect tip stall. ? or physics in any way.
It seems too I've added a little bit of wash out at tip in the physics and will do some tweaking to it. But it's always had some fall off I didn't like so I'm not sure if the taper caused more but anyway I'm working on that. I've noticed that same fall off in the built-in aerobatic planes too.

hey it's airplane related, so not necessarily off topic. ?
i had to search my remember-y banks to get it. one would have to know two things to get the joke:
Historically, glue was made from collagen from horse hooves.
Mr. Ed was a 60s TV show about a horse who talked to his owner, Wilbur.
Glad that your remember-y banks are still working, Personally I like to use my way-back machine to find info. Ok so this is really off topic but I promise to not due this very often.
Trivia questions:
What was the way back machine?
Who invented the way back machine?
What was his side kicks name?
What show did it and they appear?
Que the Jeopardy music!

Glad that your remember-y banks are still working, Personally I like to use my way-back machine to find info. Ok so this is really off topic but I promise to not due this very often.
Trivia questions:
What was the way back machine?
Who invented the way back machine?
What was his side kicks name?
What show did it and they appear?
Que the Jeopardy music!
My remember-y banks aren't finding any results on that one. When you first mentioned it, I thought you were talking about the internet's Way Back Machine at http://archive.org. But I get the feeling based on your questions that that's not what you meant.

by the way, I was born in 1971. I only know second hand about the Mr. Ed Show. I just now learned from Wikipedia that the WABAC Machine was part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon (click to reveal), also from the 60s. That was fun.

#1 It was a time machine....#2, Mr. Peabody (a beagle dog),...#3 Sherman (a boy),..The adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and friends.,....On a side note, it`s a good thing that Boris and Natisha didn`t have it.

Attachments

• wayback.PNG
    wayback.PNG
    416.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Nice bird Tech. Made me think about my Mustang that is lurking somewhere in the dusty bowels of my max files.
Thanks it's not anything scale like yours it started out as a simple profile plane but I kept tweaking it so now it's a fancy profile plane, nothing more. Ha.. it breaks all the rules, retracts without wheel wells and smoke on an electric plane. I just wanted something to fly that looks P-51-ish. It was something I was doing just for me but I decided to share it. I'll probably break more rules and upload it to the swap pages but I'll explain what it is in the release notes to set expectations if someone wants to download it.

Back