Interlink DX Issues

vilysakowski

Hello All,
I just purchased RF9.5 and received it today. I installed RF9.5 and plugged in the Interlink DX. However, when I attempt to run RF9.5 I get a message stating to "Please connect a realflight controller or joystick" even though my interlink is plugged in. I've connected the Interlink DX to all 3 USB ports on my gaming laptop and I get the same issues. I also get a device not recognized message from Windows whenever I plug in the Interlink DX to any USB port. When I go to the device manager, I see a message about the DX controller stating: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Code 43. Again this is a brand new interlink Dx that just arrived today. It was opened up and immediately from the get-go these messages popped up. I also have another Interlink DX that is about 1-2 years old and works perfectly fine so I don't know what is going on. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also have another Interlink DX that is about 1-2 years old and works perfectly fine so I don't know what is going on. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Use the one that works.

Where did you get the older one? ... just curious.

If you have a bad InterlinkDX controller, it is the first one I've seen. There isn't anything you can do. It does not have user serviceable parts... it would appear that the new one has a defect. HH will replace it; contact them and work towards an exchange.

marcus

Hi! I am having the same issue, same exact messages, but unfortunately don't have an older InterlinkDX to fall back on. I tried to troubleshoot with HorizonHobby and they thought the controller was bad, so I sent it back to HH, but they looked at it and said it worked fine. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong?

There aren't that many possibilities.
1) the InterlinkDX is defective
2) there is a connector issue; you might try a usb hub, or powered hub.
3) there is a power issue; you may need a powered usb hub.

If HH tested your InterlinkDX you don't have (1).

That leaves (2) or (3)

marcus

Don’t know if this will help, but you could try and delete the device in device manager, then plug it back in and see if it gets recognised properly.

With the interlinkDX disconnected, go into Windows Administrative Tools ->Computer Management
(if you run a separate windows administrator account, you will have to right click the menu item and choose run as administrator Instead.)

In the computer management window select Device Manager. In the menu select View -> show hidden devices.

Look in the drop down list under Universal Serial Bus Controllers for “Unknown USB device (device descriptor failed) select it, then press delete.

Reconnect the interlinkDX and see if it’s recognised this time.

When it has been recognised it will appear in computer Management under Human Interface Devices, as HID-compliant game controller and USB input device.

Many thanks for the replies! I bought a powered USB Hub and it works like a dream. I wondered about the HUB/USB connection/difference. Thanks for helping clarify that too. Thank you both so much!

I also sent in my controller to HH and they told me that there are ZERO issues with the controller. They suggested to also purchase a powered USB hub and that should solve it. Apparently there is some issue going on with the newer Interlink DXs and the newest version of Windows 10 where you need a powered USB hub for it to work. I should get the controller here in a few days and will find out soon. I've already got a new USB hub once it arrives.

I also sent in my controller to HH and they told me that there are ZERO issues with the controller. They suggested to also purchase a powered USB hub and that should solve it. Apparently there is some issue going on with the newer Interlink DXs and the newest version of Windows 10 where you need a powered USB hub for it to work. I should get the controller here in a few days and will find out soon. I've already got a new USB hub once it arrives.
Just curious are you using a laptop? (haven't followed this thread much)

The USB Hub is the answer! It doesn't even have to be a "powered" one. I got this product and struggled for an hour or so trying various combinations of plugging in the controller first, installing the software first, etc. Couldn't get it to work. It worked fine with my Xbox controller. Saw the suggestion of a USB Hub here. My dad had an unpowered one and I got that, plugged it in, and it worked without any issues at all. No idea why. This is on an ASUS laptop that's < 6 months old with Windows appropriately updated. Anyhow, definitely try that if the controller is not working.

My dad had an unpowered one and I got that, plugged it in, and it worked without any issues at all. No idea why.

Excellent. There is apparently some small connector issue , again either on the Asus, or on the InterlinkDX. I suppose that placing another controller hub between the main controller and the InterlinkDX takes care of some marginal timing issue is also possible. Its a puzzle. At least we have a work-around with this small usb issue.

marcus

Just out of interest. When the interlinkDX wasn’t recognised, was the laptop running on battery or mains power?

Just out of interest. When the interlinkDX wasn’t recognised, was the laptop running on battery or mains power?
It was running on my main power supply. I still haven't received the new transmitter yet due to FedEx delays, hopefully within a few days I'll get it.

Back