Anybody see RF9.5s yet?

At that link I don't see any explanation about what's new. ?

edit: It appears that it is exclusively distributed via Steam now. That seems more of a sidegrade to me.

I believe it is part of the change of ownership. They are probably wishing to update their database with new product key #s. The upgrade is I assume an enticement to log in and make the change. Also by promoting usage of Steam the production cost are slashed dramatically. I've been running mine thru Steam since I first got 9.5 and have never had an issue. No disc to plug in or change just hit the button and go.

I see draco, t-28, and a F-14 as well as a new airfield on the cover which are not in RF and two screen shots of planes which I dont think are in RF.

it looks like a free update if you own 9 or 9.5 with no time listed on the buy window
2021-12-02 02_00_46-RealFlight RealFlight 9.5S Flight Sim Software Only _ Horizon Hobby and 2 ...jpg2021-12-02 02_00_26-Coming Soon and 2 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.jpg

Since I purposely don't have my computer on the internet, I don't have any reason to use Steam. I only use my computer for RealFlight, Gimp, and for using and learning Blender. (I use my mobile device to communicate with you guys and to download planes and such, and copy them to my computer with a flash drive.)

FYI, everybody:

20211202_144945.jpg

Since I've never used Steam, I didn't realize that we can download it once and play it offline. So that's kind of helpful.

Will I be able import my own designed EA models into Steam.
Can I import CS and AV's to Steam.
If I do not exchange my Realflight 9.5 key to the Steam key, will my RF key have an expiration date. ?

Will I be able import my own designed EA models into Steam.
Can I import CS and AV's to Steam.

I have no issues importing planes (EA, CS or AV) into the Steam version of 9.5.
These are all stored under a 'Realflight 9' directory structure in your Documents folder.

I don't see why this would be any different in 9.5S.

I have no issues importing planes (EA, CS or AV) into the Steam version of 9.5.
These are all stored under a 'Realflight 9' directory structure in your Documents folder.

I don't see why this would be any different in 9.5S.
That is good to hear the EA, CS and AV's import okay to Steam, has anyone imported the FBX file from 3DS Max or Blender into Steam.

I don't see why it would not import into steam.
I hope you are correct, I was just wondering if any of the modelers had actually used steam for importing.
I will not exchange my RF 9.5 key until I am sure the process works.
The only Steam Flight Simulator I use is Acro FS.

Hi everyone!

I'm helping put the finishing touches on RealFlight 9.5S to get it ready for release next week, but I just got done for the day (night?) and wanted to answer a few questions I saw here.

9.5S is a free update for all RF9.0 & 9.5 users! It is available exclusively on Steam.

For distribution of the software itself we are moving to Steam for this and future versions. RealFlight will still be available for sale in hobby shops, both physical and online; it's just that a key redeemable through Steam will replace physical media (DVD edition) or a download of the software directly from Horizon (Tower digital download edition).

9.5S is fundamentally the same software as 9.5. You won't lose any features. (Well... the Launcher goes away, so I hope you're not super attached to that... ;-)) That means yes, custom content works exactly the same way it does now! Literally, the process is 100% identical, whether you're importing an FBX of your own creation or importing an .RFX from the swap pages.

Steam allows you to run in offline mode for long stretches of time before needing to connect briefly to validate your installation. If you want to operate in offline mode, please make sure that after downloading and installing 9.5S you also run it once before disconnecting. This is necessary for activation.

If I do not exchange my Realflight 9.5 key to the Steam key, will my RF key have an expiration date. ?
Your non-Steam copy of 9.5 will continue to operate if you choose not to exchange your serial for a 9.5S Steam key. You will not receive any future updates, though.

If they would allow me to use my existing key or have it detect it from my installed copy I would switch as I do have a Steam account. Perhaps that is an option they might consider.
That is not an option. However, as long as you avoid the wrong uninstallation options, you can retain all your custom content across the switch. I'll try to remember to write more about this later. I know this will be important for those of you with extensive collections!

Between the imminent product release and the ongoing transition to Horizon I am exceedingly busy at present. I'll still try to pop in now and then to answer additional questions.

Has everyone seen the Thank You message from Jim Bourke.
You can read it by clicking on the "red bar" on the home page.
Thanks for posting that! I had actually not seen it yet.

What a great message. I don't think of Jim as overly sentimental, but it's hard not to be moved looking back at all we've done and been through together. And it is a lot...

Thankfully, if he ever stays on terra firma long enough we'll still be able to meet up as friends. And I'm sure he'll continue doing cool things with Knife Edge Software. You guys should keep an eye on KE in the future.

so to be final, this will be a whole new game available on steam? i have disc version and there is many saying that u cant trade in serials and many saying you can

Back