North American P-51 build thread

I know what you meant ("I ran out of time yesterday"), but I like what you actually said too! I've run out of so many yesterdays!

Yeah, LOL. I was typing on my phone and autocorrect eats so many things I type. I have a severe case of fat finger typing on my phone my finger covers like four to six keys on the phone keyboard. also, I just woke up when I wrote that post so i may have still been asleep.

here is the beta minus the new prop I am having trouble figuring out why the .fbx/.kex import has no issues but .rfx importer cannot handle it. and why it seems to be isolated to the propdisk and not the blades.

Attachments

• P-51 mk1a test 16_EA.RFX
    9.1 MB · Views: 10
Thanks for the latest beta, the P-51 mk1a is awesome, I like the auto engine/prop startup, and the inner gear doors that are lowered due to lack of hydraulic pressure, so when the engine starts and builds hydraulic pressure the inner gear doors close, (nice attention to detail), and the auto closing canopy and side glass that operate when the P-51 starts to roll, the landing gear spring action is incredible, now the oleo strut actually springs/moves instead of just the landing gear axle moving within the wheel hub as it does in the "Springy Scale Retracts" system.
Did I mention the model looks fantastic and fly's great, excellent work Legoman.

Thanks for the latest beta, the P-51 mk1a is awesome, I like the auto engine/prop startup, and the inner gear doors that are lowered due to lack of hydraulic pressure, so when the engine starts and builds hydraulic pressure the inner gear doors close, (nice attention to detail), and the auto closing canopy and side glass that operate when the P-51 starts to roll, the landing gear spring action is incredible, now the oleo strut actually springs/moves instead of just the landing gear axle moving within the wheel hub as it does in the "Springy Scale Retracts" system.
Did I mention the model looks fantastic and fly's great, excellent work Legoman.
If you activate the rewind the motor restarts

I just realize with the propeller swap it needs about 4 oz added to the nose for the best cg. I attached what I think is the best CG spot +/- a few hundredths.

It is sensitive to cg changes.

Attachments

• 2022-05-12 21_56_34-Window.jpg
    2022-05-12 21_56_34-Window.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 5
That is really strange, you have made custom props before and they work great, what have you done differently on this prop, (now that is a strange question from me), you always do things different, always thinking outside the box and producing model making masterpieces, I hope you get the problem fixed soon, until then I am having fun flying the P-51 mk1a and finding as much rough terrain to taxi the model on and be amazed at the landing gear oleo strut movement.

That is really strange, you have made custom props before and they work great, what have you done differently on this prop, (now that is a strange question from me), you always do things different, always thinking outside the box and producing model making masterpieces, I hope you get the problem fixed soon, until then I am having fun flying the P-51 mk1a and finding as much rough terrain to taxi the model on and be amazed at the landing gear oleo strut movement.
Fbx importer instead of pure kex.

When you say Prop Disk, do you mean Blur Disk or are you referring to the prop Kex file.

Yes, the blur disk. The prop disk is the name for the file system to recognize.

2022-05-15 13_34_50-.jpg

What does the propeller look like in RF with the default prop disk (blur disk)
Can you post the hierarchy of the prop disk.

Back