Galloping Ghost EP

Here`s a nice vid.>>>>>>>>
that is definitely the coolest sounding RC airplane I have ever seen or heard! at first, I was sure that that is a full size aircraft, based on the sound of its engine at idle. and when I saw it taking off, I thought that must be the most nimble full size aircraft I've ever seen! I had to read the description to figure out that it's actually an RC aircraft! absolutely stunning!

Oh my gosh. if only somebody could make a RealFlight sound profile from that!!!!

stunned-hypnotized.gif

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It`s a "Kolm" inline engine 4 cyl. (which I think you saw) they`re pretty bad a$$ engines. made in Germany. You should google them. Also, there are other vids. of other R/C Galloping Ghost planes out there, as well as vids. of other planes that have Kolm engines in them.

Oh my gosh. if only somebody could make a RealFlight sound profile from that!!!!

View attachment 130234

Thanks for your comments. As time goes by my wife's health continues to slide and now we're facing even more problems so it's hard for me to concentrate on modeling. So what I need is a simple project that allows me to work on it without the stress of getting things right. I need to have something to do that helps me keep my mind off our life issues when I work on it. So out of necessity I'll make this a fun fly plane so I can just have fun modeling and flying it. Going fast and turning doesn't appeal to me but I like the looks of the plane so I'll make it a little less fun fly looking so the wings and stabilizers don't look so wide. That won't be that good for a fun fly plane but I can always tweak the physics to give me more fun fly performance. Which would be a real kludge. But hey it's a Technoid plane so that's expected.

I started working on the Galloping Ghost. I'm using a version of the PX-51 I never released as a starting point and the two pictures from my first post for reshaping the plane. I've never seen any plans for the Galloping Ghost so if you know of any let me know, but those two pictures should work okay for reshaping it.

it sure looks like the RC galloping ghost in that video has wider wings than regular P-51s. In other words, the the cross section seems longer from front to back.

what do you guys think? here is a P-51 from the warbird registry:
p51mustang-4473420-WRG-00034684.jpg

and here are screenshots from the video above shared by by UT:
Screenshot_20220814-145714_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20220814-145550_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20220814-145608_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20220814-145338_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20220814-145338_YouTube.jpg

I'm second-guessing myself. 🤔😂

Last edited:
it sure looks like the RC galloping ghost in that video has wider wings than regular P-51s. In other words, the the cross section seems longer from front to back.

what do you guys think? here is a P-51 from the warbird registry:

and here are screenshots from the video above shared by by UT:

I'm second-guessing myself. 🤔😂
The Galloping Ghost wing does seem to be wider than a normal P-51. The wing is clipped so that might be why it looks wider. I'm not sure if it is wider or looks wider because of it being clipped.

Last edited:
Back