Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Yes it is the Wolseley Viper sound file I am using, I did not realize it was your file Technoid, in the editor it gives no indication of who the author is, (they should give credit where credit is due).
So that begs the question, where can I find similar sound files, how did you make the Wolseley Viper tracks. ?
Here's a link to my RAF SE5a you can see what I said about the sound profile there. I also gave credit to legoman because he shared a link to where he found the original sound. He used the original sound to create a sound profile too (his was a different name but I don't remember the name). I wanted my sound profile to be named after the engine in the SE5a I was creating so I grabbed the original sound and created my own sound profile from scratch but I gave him credit for sharing the resource with me.

Here's a link to the sound profile tutorial I used to create it. Sorry but I don't have the link to where I found the original sound anymore.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/custom-motor-sound-profile-tutorial.28417/

how did you make the Wolseley Viper tracks. ?
Sorry I forgot to answer one of your questions. I didn't create the individual sound files they were in the original package I download but in a different format. All I did was tweak the original sound files.

I used Adobe Audition to work on them.

1. Changed their format to 'ogg'.
2. Adjusted the volume.
3. Compressed the dynamic range.
4. Changed the name of each sound file to the specific RPM. (listen to them and guess)

Updated beta, fixed the elevator neutralizing issue, slightly increased engine power and added some lights on the rotors for night flights.
That's really cool, ASJ. I also noticed that there is smoke now, which can be turned on and off using switch H on the Interlink DX, which is the large two-position switch on the top right edge (If you hold it with the cord coming out of the top) of the DX.

Updated beta, fixed the elevator neutralizing issue, slightly increased engine power and added some lights on the rotors for night flights.
I just found this thread (been too busy to check this forum lately) and what a fun project this is!

All works great but I don't see any rotor lights and don't seem to be able to activate smoke. No big deal because it's lots of fun as is. Many thanks guys and cheers.

I just found this thread (been too busy to check this forum lately) and what a fun project this is!

All works great but I don't see any rotor lights and don't seem to be able to activate smoke. No big deal because it's lots of fun as is. Many thanks guys and cheers.
Good to hear you are having fun with the Chitty model, TomC
I forgot to check the last updated beta I posted with the X or Elite controllers, so obviously on those controllers there is no switch "H" for smoke on/off available, I have since moved the smoke to Channel 8 3way switch ...(switch "B" on the DX). Will post new beta soon.
It is strange you do not see the rotor lights, can you see the headlights, tail lights, dash lights and the snakes eyes lights? (flashing)
Here is a short video clip of lights.

New beta with smoke and windshield control on channel 8 3way switch, for the Interlink X and Elite controllers, channel 7 (retracts switch) for wings extend/retract and knob for heli mode.

If using the DX controller windshield and smoke are on switch "B", switch "A" for wing swing, switch "D" for heli mode.

Please test in night flight and advise me if the rotor lights are visible.

Attachments

• Chitty Chitty_EA.RFX
    8.9 MB · Views: 13
before trying it at night, I was expecting the propeller lights to make complete circles like other propellers do at night. perhaps that's what TomC is expecting too. 🤔

Since the Chitty propellers are not like any other propellers in existence, perhaps the lights on them can't be complete circles. 🤔

New beta with smoke and windshield control on channel 8 3way switch, for the Interlink X and Elite controllers, channel 7 (retracts switch) for wings extend/retract and knob for heli mode.

If using the DX controller windshield and smoke are on switch "B", switch "A" for wing swing, switch "D" for heli mode.

Please test in night flight and advise me if the rotor lights are visible.
Thanks mate, all working great with my Interlink DX. I can now see the rotor/prop lights and also activate smoke. Looks great at night (also dawn/dusk)! Thanks again mate and cheers.

I haven't made a model for realflight for like 10 or 12 years so I am not current at all. Whats the poly limit? TGA file size? Have they moved on from direct x9? Also what about flexible wings and landing gear?

before trying it at night, I was expecting the propeller lights to make complete circles like other propellers do at night. perhaps that's what TomC is expecting too. 🤔

Since the Chitty propellers are not like any other propellers in existence, perhaps the lights on them can't be complete circles. 🤔

The props do not have blur discs ...... the magic continues.

I haven't made a model for realflight for like 10 or 12 years so I am not current at all. Whats the poly limit? TGA file size? Have they moved on from direct x9? Also what about flexible wings and landing gear?

Poly limit 70,000 (approx) , 135,000 tri's, TGA 4096, DX9 is still used for RF9.5

Legomans B-52 Stratofortress has flexible wings.

Back