Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Poly limit 70,000 (approx) , 135,000 tri's, TGA 4096, DX9 is still used for RF9.5

Legomans B-52 Stratofortress has flexible wings.

Wow I think the poly limit was like 10 or 20k back in my time and either 1024 or 2048 textures. I cant imagine what I could do with 70k!! Thats crazy

i wish i could see what you made before. is your old stuff still on here?
I am willing to bet these are the planes https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/authors/ricky-delten.22020/

Wow I think the poly limit was like 10 or 20k back in my time and either 1024 or 2048 textures. I cant imagine what I could do with 70k!! Thats crazy
65535 per object triangle limit (approx. smoothing sometime changes the exact number)
135000 global triangle limit.

FBX file transport from modeling to rf

the poly limits are guidelines. if you have large, repeated structures you can import them as a custom prop so these cost two triangles and a fair amount of FPS. I made the AN-225 in 7.5 with a 27000-triangle limit and it sits at 49k in sim each engine nacelle is 10 or 16 triangles.

Yeah, I think the B-29 has probably got to be the all time high in regards to downloads. Possible you ask. ??, well, you chose good planes to model for one, and RF was new, and gave users the ability to model, both of those alone drew a huge following for RF. I bought RF to warm up my RC skills and found out that CS`s and models could be created, So naturally I had to dabble those aspects of RF. Sadly, things have fallen off somewhat in regards to uploads and downloads these days, compared to the earlier day`s of RF.

I just joined recently so I could see what has happened w/the sim over the last decade, to see if I want to buy 9.5 I currently dont have any copies of RF. LOL I noticed that 4 outta 5 'top uploads' are mine -how is that even possible?
I've had every RF version since RF2, including all usb Interlink controllers. I also still actively fly RC planes, heli's, and drones at my local model flying field. I really like the latest RF 9.5s with the Interlink DX controller. Unfortunately the Dx9 graphics engine is getting a little long in the tooth, but it still works fine imho. Up to you to decide if you want to jump onboard with RF again. Cheers.

Edit; this is getting a bit off topic so maybe think about starting a separate thread Rick. Thanks.

Just an update of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I added the collision mesh and operating taillights, they work with down elevator (day or night) and I also set the rear passenger doors to open with zero throttle and the model stationary, any movement of model or throttle and the doors close.

Attachments

• Tail Lights.jpg
    Tail Lights.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Tail Lights-1.jpg
    Tail Lights-1.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Tail Lights-2.jpg
    Tail Lights-2.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Tail Lights-3.jpg
    Tail Lights-3.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 5
Just an update of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I added the collision mesh and operating taillights, they work with down elevator (day or night) and I also set the rear passenger doors to open with zero throttle and the model stationary, any movement of model or throttle and the doors close.
oh wow that is soooooo coool!

Back