Realflight for Linux or MacOS

Ekmautner

Can you provide either a linux or MacOS compilation for Realflight, or the open/encrypted source code so that I can compile it myself? 90% of your customers are engineers.. we don’t use Windows.

Last edited:
Can you provide either a linux or MacOS compilation for Realflight, or the open/encrypted source code so that I can compile it myself? 90% of your customers are engineers.. we don’t use Windows.
Open source RealFlight sure seems intriguing. By the way, where did you get the 90%-are-engineers statistic? 🤔 I'm curious.

Excuse me I'm a retired software engineer and I use Windows. I started writing code on the Apple II (6502 Assembly and Applesoft) retired in 2008 writing Windows code (C, C++). So yes engineers use and write code for Windows.

Nope. RealFlight is too dependent on DirectX, apparently.

It will function on M1 Macs via Parallels Desktop, but it's far from 100% compatible. I'm sure the engineers are getting tired of my crash reports when I try to load anything other Eli Field.

+1 for improving functionality on M1 Macs via Parallels (or Windows. 11 on ARM).
Yeah, that's never going to happen. I was just given this cop out by RealFlight tech support:

"There may be a conflict with the graphics/processor on the Mac not being compatible. If you did not have any security turned on.
We would recommend installing on a PC without a 12th gen processor." It runs on Windows, except when it doesn't run on Windows.

Super lame, zero effort on their part. Funny how many other flight sims work just fine in both Parallels and native Mac, but at least they admit that their software cannot keep up with modern hardware.

I am going to leave this right here in case anyone is having issues. Please let me know if I can help!

Back