Techair Commander EP

@asj5547 was right when he said I put too much work into this pilot to scrape it. But the truth is I could never look at it and like it after Bill's comments. So if I was to continue working on it I needed to reshape it and make it more to Bill's liking. If Bill had asked if I could reshape the head a little it would have gone over just fine but making fun of it and saying it looked like a Google teardrop wasn't helpful, or what you would call constructive criticism. Nonetheless, I went back and reshaped the head. How is this Bill?

The forehead is at less of an angle.
The back of the head has been reshaped.
The neck has been reshaped where it meets the head and body.
I may refine it a little more.

Pilot 34.jpg

I went back this morning and finished reshaping the pilot. Like I mentioned I had a few tweaks on the neck and some tweaks on the shirt collar. So now it's finally ready to map. I will admit I like the pilot better now that I reshaped the head, so all in all it was a good change. I just wish the change would have been asked for in a better way. I like input when I'm modeling something and have always asked for feedback and enjoy working to improve what I'm doing. So @Bill Stuntz come back to the build thread. I know I didn't add wavy hair but what I have can be used as a pilot's buzz style hair cut or it also looks like a pilot cap to me. So depending on how you paint it I think it could be either.

Every iteration has been better than the previous one. My comments were NOT intended as an insult to your design skills. And it wasn't intended as "You need to change that." In fact I said I was crazy to notice that similarity - or at least I THOUGHT that was what I said. I've NEVER posted an intentionally malicious/insulting comment in the 23 years I've been on the site.

Every iteration has been better than the previous one. My comments were NOT intended as an insult to your design skills. And it wasn't intended as "You need to change that." In fact I said I was crazy to notice that similarity - or at least I THOUGHT that was what I said. I've NEVER posted an intentionally malicious/insulting comment in the 23 years I've been on the site.
Okay good enough. Like @asj5547 said, humor is sometimes tough to get across in print.

I just finished mapping the pilot. The parts have been resized for their relative size to each other but I left it fairly large because it's in a separate area from the Commander. I'll resize the mapping again when I put it in the Commander and map the Commander. But I think I'll paint it so I can see what it looks like. Right now I have to get ready to take my wife to Dallas for a Dr. appointment. She has two in Dallas this week.

Try rounding off the bottom lip at the lower L/R corners, that sharp angle just doesn`t look quite right.
Okay here's something for you guys to check out and comment on. I tried rounding the lip out again but had the same problem so I let it go. But what I did that seemed to make it look better is this. So let me know if the change helps I can go either way with it.

1. Reduced the width of the lips.
2. Reduced the height of the lower lip.

The first picture is the original the second picture is the reduced lip width and lower lip height.

Pilot 40.jpg

Back