12th generation Intel fix

asj5547

I upgraded the CPU and Motherboard for my computer, originally had 8th Generation, upgraded to 13th Generation i7-13700k and Z790 Motherboard.
I have seen some posts about RF Evolution not working properly, while using the onboard Intel 12th Generation CPU video, (IGPU) so I purposely left my Nvidia RTX2080 video card out of my new PC while I ran some tests and yes, RFE would start but I could not change aircraft till I did the "showlegacymenu" command (to bring up the old style menu) and even then I could only change airplanes and drones, as soon as I selected any Helicopter RFE would crash and close, (unexpected error message displayed) Also the only button on the DX controller that worked was the "Reset".
I found these dx9on12 files on the Github website, I downloaded and scanned them with antivirus program, (no threats found).
The file needed to fix my PC is contained in the attached zip file.
Download and unzip the attachment, copy and paste the d3d9.dll file into.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Realflight Evolution folder (See pic)
Now RF Evolution loads and works great, Esc and Tilde keys work, all keys on DX controller work and bring up the new menu to make selections, you can now make all selections via the DX and importantly for me I can select and fly any Heli I want.!
Let me know if it works for you.

Disclaimer: Please be aware that putting .DLLs on your computer from an unknown source is a security risk, equivalent to running random software from the Internet. (This in no way impugns asj5547 himself, who is an upstanding member of this community.) Use at your own risk. -Ryan

Attachments

• d3d9.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • d3d9 dll.jpg
    d3d9 dll.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Wow!! Based on what I had read, I thought that Intel was already including that dx9on12 DLL in their driver package.

If that ends up being the solution to this problem, that's wonderful!!

This is what I found a couple of weeks ago on Intel's site when I was trying to find more information about the problem.

Last edited:
Wow!! Based on what I had read, I thought that Intel was already including that dx9on12 DLL in their driver package.

If that ends up being the solution to this problem, that's wonderful!!

This is what I found a couple of weeks ago on Intel's site when I was trying to find more information about the problem.

After some more detective work I can confirm only one dll file is needed, the d3d9.dll file from Github. (I modified my first post.)
I tried the genuine Microsoft d3d9.dll from the Windows sysWOW64 folder, but unfortunately that did not work.

Legoman, as a side note to the testing of the 12th Gen issue all helicopters would instantly crash RFE, but your Flettner 282 is the ONLY chopper that would load and fly when using the CPU onboard video card.

Legoman, as a side note to the testing of the 12th Gen issue all helicopters would instantly crash RFE, but your Flettner 282 is the ONLY chopper that would load and fly when using the CPU onboard video card.

maybe it is related to the lack of a rotor disk blur.

And for sticky what flightengnr said is what I was refering too. I was kind of nudging the moderators to sticky this or another thread detailing the fix.

No use requesting a sticky until the development team checks it out, I sent a PM to Ryan and Jeremy asking them to test the dll, all I can say is it works for me, the bonus is, RF EVO also works normally when I reinstalled my Nvidia card and left the modified dll in place. So, it seems to fix the 12th Gen malfunction and does not appear to affect RF EVO with the dedicated card installed.
I hope some more people on the forums copy and paste the dll into the Evolution folder and report back. I was amazed when I first tried the dll, I had previously been trying to load a helicopter (Schweizer Float) and it locked up Evo, after that, every time I tried to open Evo all I got was the unexpected error message followed by system crash.! but the dll fix magically allowed Evo to start normally with all the DX buttons operational.

Maybe a lack of rotor disk blur and RF Evo thought the Flettner was a Plane, but I like to think Evo recognized the quality of the build and could not refuse loading such a fantastic model. I love flying this model.

@asj5547, this is intriguing. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Can you please point us to where you obtained those .DLLs? We'd naturally like to investigate further!

Note that I'm adding a security disclaimer to your original post. I just want people to be aware who might not understand what .DLLs are or do.

Ryan, I posted the wrong link to the dll files that I used, here is the correct link, sorry for the confusion. D3D9 on12 was where I started my search and after many pages of research this is where I ended up.

Click on the link, scroll down to bottom of the 2.0 section, see "Contributors" and under that is "Assets", the first of the four links you will see a file named "dxvk-2.0.tar.gz" click on that to download, open the files and the d3d9.dll that worked for me, was in the x64 folder.

Last edited:
Would this possibly work and a MSI Raider GE76 laptop g12 i7 Nvidia 3060? I can run it but get no menus no matter what I do?

Out of curiosity, where did you get the d3d9.dll file from? I can't find it on the Github page. Did you build it, or am I just not seeing it?

Back