Boomer

In real life, I've never flown anything larger than a .46 size - but that was when I was younger & had much better vision. I haven't actually flown in several years. It's all been in the sim. I'm OK with any size you choose.
Yeah in real life I've never flow anything larger than a .60 size so the sim planes I make are huge compared to them. But in the sim an 84 inch wingspan probably looks like my 64 inch wingspan back then.

OK, you guys. Since you're comparing size!!🧐😲🤣😂🤣. I guess I've flown everything from about a 26" span on up to over 100". Does that prove anything? NO! Just thought I'd try to make a funny😉.

As much as I'd like to do more on this project I seem to have gotten to a tipping point where I need to stop. So for now I'll release a beta of where I'm at and see if I feel more like working on it later. The one thing I still need to do is add the crossover stripes for the wing, but that's a minor thing. I haven't resized it so it's the original 100 inch wingspan. Please let me know what you think.

Controls are set for the InterLink Elite

Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Smoke: Channel 7 Switch
Full Width Ailerons: Channel 8 3 Pos. Switch Forward
Ailerons and Flaps: Channel 8 3 Pos. Switch Center
Brakes: Up Elevator

Boomer 41.jpg

BETA DOWNLOAD REMOVED: I'm updating the physics and color scheme.

Last edited:
Ok Tech. You said tell me what you think. I love the looks of it from every angle. When it comes to flying it. It seems a bit nose heavy. I know you like your planes a bit on the nose heavy side. If you take this one up high and cut back on the throttle to cruse level, then close the throttle it starts going straight down. I just would like it to glide a bit. These planes, STOL type are usually quite stable at slower speeds. This seems just a slight tippy. Maybe a slight bit of dihedral or less wing stall dialed in. You wanted input and to be honest. This is just my input and not to criticize. I know you're not done with it yet. Overall, I like it a lot. I think when your done it's going to be a winner.;)

Ok Tech. You said tell me what you think. I love the looks of it from every angle. When it comes to flying it. It seems a bit nose heavy. I know you like your planes a bit on the nose heavy side. If you take this one up high and cut back on the throttle to cruse level, then close the throttle it starts going straight down. I just would like it to glide a bit. These planes, STOL type are usually quite stable at slower speeds. This seems just a slight tippy. Maybe a slight bit of dihedral or less wing stall dialed in. You wanted input and to be honest. This is just my input and not to criticize. I know you're not done with it yet. Overall, I like it a lot. I think when your done it's going to be a winner.;)
Sure, that's exactly what I wanted. I've not been very happy with the physics and I actually moved it back a tiny bit just before I uploaded the beta. I'll take a good look at it again and checkout the areas you mentioned.

No update just a comment. Our air conditioner started short cycling, so it wasn't cooling the house. And then my wife's toilet stopped filling up unless you lifted the lid and jiggled the fill valve. So of course both had to be fixed ASAP but this time of year the air conditioner repair is slow because everyone's having a problem. So I got a new fill valve for the wife's toliet and the air conditioner repairman just got through fixing it so we're good to go again. It was really hot last night.

I've been working with @rcdoski to improve the physics and I think we have it working pretty well now. All the changes are in an AV so I need to update the real physics to the changes. But it's definitely flying better than it was so thanks @rcdoski for your help.

Question. Should this plane have STOL in its name or is Boomer fine by itself. Don't know if this is a true STOL.

As much as I'd like to do more on this project I seem to have gotten to a tipping point where I need to stop. So for now I'll release a beta of where I'm at and see if I feel more like working on it later. The one thing I still need to do is add the crossover stripes for the wing, but that's a minor thing. I haven't resized it so it's the original 100 inch wingspan. Please let me know what you think.

Controls are set for the InterLink Elite

Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Smoke: Channel 7 Switch
Full Width Ailerons: Channel 8 3 Pos. Switch Forward
Ailerons and Flaps: Channel 8 3 Pos. Switch Center
Brakes: Up Elevator

View attachment 135240
looking good technoid , thanks for the test version

I've been playing around with the size tonight, going back and forth between 84 and 90 inches, and for some reason I seem to like it at 90 inches the best. Which is odd because I've been making all my recent planes at 84 inches. None-the-less "if" I can bring myself to rescale the plane and completely redo the physics I'll probably go with 90 inches. Ha. I want to resize it but I'm worn out and want the project finished. Maybe I'll take a day off and see if that helps.

I took today off trying to build up some interest in finishing this project but I seem to be stuck. So what I'm going to do is update the final physics to the tweaks I did with rcdosk's help and release what I'd call a "release candidate" here on the forum. Then if I get some interest in resizing it I'll do it but if not I'll upload the release candidate on the swap pages. So you'll be able to get the final version here unless I get enough interest to rescale it and redo the physics.

I updated the real physics with the physics tweaks I did with rcdoski's help so now I'm ready to release it. Sorry about not resizing it but I just got burned out and needed to stop. It actually works out pretty well because now both planes will be the same size.

Back