Recent content by 126JP

1. 1

LOST ALL CUSTOM AIRCRAFT

Logoman, thank you very much! Jules
  2. 1

LOST ALL CUSTOM AIRCRAFT

Hi folks, I've had to change computers and reload G4.5. Is there any way I can recover my custom aircraft from my previous hard drive. I don't know where RealFlight stores those files or if they are accessible. Thank you, Jules
  3. 1

Variant Modification

Great flyer, opjose. Thank you. Jules
  4. 1

Variant Modification

opjose, Thank you, thank you, thank you! Jules
  5. 1

Variant Modification

12'o I do hope the sim helps your friend. That is one expensive model to crash. I wonder, is he flying it at an elevated physics speed? Normal physics (I can't seem to say it enough) is too tame. By the by, you really can't expect gold until you can do a full gainer w/ a half twist into...
  6. 1

Variant Modification

Michael, According to Haffke in Gee Bee The Real Story. . ., wing loading on the R1 at full gross was 30.2lb/ft.sq., on the R2 it was 38.1lb/ft.sq. (it carried more fuel for the Bendix race). The loading was considerable although it did not take into account the lift provided by the fuselage...
  7. 1

Variant Modification

Glad I could help. It was a learning experience (many thanks to opjose). Suggest to your friend to up the physics to about 125%. I dislike the need to artificially effect the flight envelope but I find that at that speed the airplane performs nearly identical to what I've seen. Everything...
  8. 1

Variant Modification

12 o'high, keep at it. I've flown it so much now that I've become much more confident I could land the real thing. Of course there is no simulating the pucker factor, always a big wrench in the spokes. A pleasant surprise was the sims replicating the airplane's ballooning when power is...
  9. 1

Variant Modification

Variant posted guys. Hope it's up to snuff. Thanks for the help. Jules
  10. 1

Gee Bee R-2 Comp ARF for RF-6_AV

Gee Bee R2 variant modified to fly correctly in RF 6.5. All components are now as close to correct size, weight and placement as on the actual model as I could make them. Wing airfoil corrected to M6-65% root to tip. Change to the most powerful torque generator still did not...
  11. 1

Gee Bee R-2 Comp ARF for RF-6_AV

126JP submitted a new upload: Gee Bee R-2 Comp ARF for RF-6_AV View the Swap Page
  12. 1

Variant Modification

Awwww, opjose, you must be a genious! You actually read the modification descriptions at the bottom of the edit window. You know, before writing the PS I said to myself, "Self, make sure you've done all to strengthen the gear so you don't sound like an idiot!" It's the quintessential...
  13. 1

Variant Modification

Opjose, I got it! I read the "tuning vehicles for 6" section (duh! shoulda done it initially!), then started changing weights like you suggested to actual component weight, then set all controls and component locations correctly (I hadn't noticed they were all out of whack), and voila...
  14. 1

Variant Modification

Thanks opjose
  15. 1

Variant Modification

Hmmmm. I might be able to fanagle that. Thanks opjose.
Back