Recent content by abaser

1. abaser

Mamba 120cc

Working on flight tonight. Is there anyone out there with a model of this caliber that can tell me an approximate airspeed? Level flight as it sits is 65 mph tops using a DA 120 and 29x10 prop. To me that seems slow, but I've also never owned a model this size before. This model has a few...
  2. abaser

Mamba 120cc

Had to do one. šŸ˜ šŸ˜
  3. abaser

Mamba 120cc

Looked at the file in Blender then did a quick export to get a look in RF. So far, all I can really see wrong with it is a few shading issues. I hope this can be taken care of by redoing the smoothing groups. After going back and looking I noticed that all of the sharp edges have been lost. Not...
  4. abaser

Mamba 120cc

Considering trying to wrap this one up. No promises. Gonna look it over good though.
  5. abaser

Boomer

Just goes to show what people think of your models. It took nearly two weeks for my NG to get that many. The NG is actually the slowest model I've ever uploaded on DL's. With 1100 views and only 190 DL's, that'll make you rethink your abilities. Good thing I don't let that kind of stuff bother...
  6. abaser

Mamba 120cc

So, I had someone go back through my laptop and he was able to Frankenstein it back together. Luckily my HD is still in good shape and nothing seems to be lost. I'm fairly tied up at the time getting ready to move my daughter to college, vacation is coming up, and I have several side jobs going...
  7. abaser

Mamba 120cc

The guy I had look at it just said it is far too damaged to try and fix. I only used it for modeling so not enough to justify dumping money into it to me. It sucks to lose my files but at the moment financially itā€™s not a priority. Iā€™ll hang on to it though and when Iā€™m able to replace it Iā€™ll...
  8. abaser

Mamba 120cc

Itā€™s an asus g75vw.
  9. abaser

MiG-21bis build thread

Holy pivot points legoman! šŸ˜³šŸ¤£
  10. abaser

Mamba 120cc

Only stupid idea is one not mentioned. However, Iā€™m too stupid to know what any of that means. šŸ¤£ I would assume though that a laptop wouldnā€™t have the space to house a spinning HD, but then again, Iā€™m a floor guy not a computer guy.
  11. abaser

rf9.5 planes on rf 8

7.5 still has the 26,000 poly limit. Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s why itā€™s not importing there. Canā€™t look for myself so just a guess.
  12. abaser

Mamba 120cc

No go. I was told itā€™s a complete loss unfortunately.
  13. abaser

Mamba 120cc

This project unfortunately is dead. After a lightning strike close to the house, Iā€™ve lost everything on my computer. It sucks but it is what it is. Not sure when/if Iā€™ll be able to model again but hopefully it wonā€™t be long.
  14. abaser

MiG-21bis build thread

I vaguely recall his activity here. Always seemed very knowledgeable.
  15. abaser

One Model For All

If youā€™re good with it Iā€™m good with it. I plan on finishing the mamba before starting anything else but I do look forward to getting started.
Back