Recent content by Adam Taylor

1. Adam Taylor

Need help moving to new PC

The best solution here would be to contact tech support and request a replacement disk so you can install the software on your new machine properly. http://gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm
  2. Adam Taylor

RF 7.5 Bug Reports

Hah, you got me. ;) Sometimes people get really attached to what they're used to, and resist any change, no matter how objectively positive...
  3. Adam Taylor

RF 7.5 Bug Reports

@Johnny31297: Can you post or PM me the full path to your RealFlight 7 documents directory as it exists on your computer? This is purely speculation, but I am wondering if a special character in the filename is sometimes confusing the read-only check.
  4. Adam Taylor

RF 7.5 Bug Reports

I forgot to mention: What's more interesting is that error message is coming from a secondary read-only check. The first read-only check says the file is writable, but shortly afterward a second read-only check says the file is not writable. Again I wonder if some antivirus program is meddling...
  5. Adam Taylor

RF 7.5 Bug Reports

Interesting. That error message shows up when, as you might have guessed, the file it's trying to save to is read-only (in the Windows file attribute read-only sense). I will file a case about improving the handling of such a situation so changes aren't inadvertently lost, but I'm still confused...
  6. Adam Taylor

RF 7.5 Bug Reports

Done. Thanks.
  7. Adam Taylor

RF 7.5 Bug Reports

Do you have any more info about how and when you're seeing this, or the exact text of the error message?
  8. Adam Taylor

RF 7.5 Bug Reports

I've had the luxury of using the new vehicle editor as it gradually came together over the past year, so I don't know first-hand what it's like to suddenly start using it after being used to the old one. What I can say, though, is now that I'm wholly used to all the niceties of the new editor...
  9. Adam Taylor

RF 7.5 Bug Reports

Identifying bugs is one of the main points of a beta. Yay! :p Could you send us an EA of your Hog Bipe and the name of the component with which you're experiencing the Fit to Visual crash? The "Fit to Visual" operation isn't expected to be super-accurate at this point. It's meant to be a...
  10. Adam Taylor

importing rfx into RF7

You downloaded and imported an Aircraft Variant (AV). Every AV is a modification to an original Entire Aircraft (EA) model. You need the EA in order for the AV to work. On the page where you download the aircraft, look for the "Requires" field. It might be based on an EA that you can download...
  11. Adam Taylor

View point suggestion for future RF editions

Ah, so you're looking for a camera rendered through a distortion-producing lens (e.g. fish-eye)? That is an interesting idea, but it is unfortunately not something RealFlight currently supports.
  12. Adam Taylor

Locked Challenge Content also locks Expansion Packs

@elanuzuru: You may have missed Ryan's post up above. There is indeed a console command to unlock the challenge rewards from expansion packs and mega packs: "unlockRewardsFromEPs"
  13. Adam Taylor

View point suggestion for future RF editions

Use the following console command to set the camera's horizontal field of view to 115 degrees: camera_zoom 115
  14. Adam Taylor

Realflight 7 interface

It sounds like throttle hold is engaged, which is generally on channel 7. Toggle CH7 and you should be able to use helis. If you're using a transmitter with only 6 channels, you have a couple options. You can use the Y, U, I and O keys on your keyboard to control channels 5-8. You can also set...
  15. Adam Taylor

Cannot get on this site anymore, help please.

Gotta throw in my two cents here... Any time I come across a machine I know to have been infected with malware, my response is pretty much always a full reformat & re-installation of an OS. Antivirus programs do a decent job at preventing infection when used properly, but once a virus has had...
Back