Recent content by Ara Tidwell

1. A

Now that the DirectX 11 update is released...

When will the DirectX 12 Ultimate w/ray tracing be developed and released?
  2. A

DX 12 Ultimate Ray Tracing needed in Realflight Next

Subject title says it all.
  3. A

Hey RealFlight producers! I need this for my RF experience to be complete

Come on, this is v9.5S of RealFlight and the graphics are beyond the CSM flight sim that ran on a command prompt, but they still are about 15+ years behind the times. Please overhaul the graphics to some DX12 modern grade graphics to make my experience actually worth playing for more than a few...
  4. A

Purchasing Laptop Specifically (and exclusively!) for RealFlight 9

There is no chance you can get away with running the integrated Intel HD graphics chip. I couldn't break 60fps on my 2560x1440 monitor. It was all jerky and everything. My Nvidia 1660 Ti laptop card varied from 350-500fps.
  5. A

Problem with Real Flight 9.0-9.5s hanging on program launch (long term, multiple systems)

I'm not running anything special, not even a 3rd party virus scanner. I got MS Office, Xbox, FS2020 and Facebook Messenger. This has been both a Windows 10 and 11 problem across two very different systems using late model Nvidia graphics cards.
  6. A

Problem with Real Flight 9.0-9.5s hanging on program launch (long term, multiple systems)

I have had a problem with Real Flight 9.0, 9.5 and 9.5s hanging randomly and frequently in the middle of program launch, to the point I have to log off my Windows and restart. This has happened in both Windows 10 and 11 and across two very different PC's, one being an old homebuilt with an...
  7. A

Real Flight 9.5s

Maybe it is time to invest in Elon Musk's Starlink.
  8. A

New 9.5 Issues

What kind of GPU does your laptop use? Is it the integrated Intel GPU or is it an AMD or Nvidia GPU?
  9. A

Aircraft visibility: RealFlight vs "real life"

Try going to you Nvidia control panel and "adjust settings with preview" then select "let the 3d application decide"
  10. A

Display is not smooth it jumps

Are you using Real Flight 9.5s or the Real Flight 9.5 training edition?
  11. A

Display is not smooth it jumps

Go to the settings menu by hitting the "alt" key and then go to graphics then hardware and make sure the video processing device is set to the Nvidia card, which might require full screen. You will probably need to change the display resolution manually to the maximum setting for best results...
  12. A

Realflight9.5 No sound on full screen only

Do you happen to have two audio controllers? Such as an integrated sound controller and a Sound Blaster add-on card?
  13. A

Realflight 9.5 Anti-Aliasing

Try setting foliage density to 100, it helped a lot with the blocky grass.
  14. A

No software key

Check your "SPAM" box and see if it is in there. I'm guessing it would be on the order receipt, but if it came from a different server like Knife Edge or Real Flight it may had hit your spam box.
  15. A

Frequent infinite hangs on startup showing roughly middle of progress loading stuff and gets hung at different point

I have had a problem with RF9 all and 9.5 all versions including .24 beta. When I load up the program it 75% of the time it gets hung on different processing states, all roughly in the middle, like compressed textures, "striking props", or certain types of particles or display techniques. All...
Back