Recent content by ashmoore

1. A

How heli's are not stable in hover???

stable hover? Heh ! I have enough problems keep helis away from the ground! ============================== The Chewtoy for the dog of Life
  2. A

RealFlight G2 installation problem.

I had almost exactly the same problem. Luckily I had a CDRW drive as well as a CD, so I used the CDRW instead and everything started working OK. The problem is a result of the copy protection scheme used in RF G2 that makes it incompatible with lots of CD drives. Good eh?
  3. A

Finding runway while flying.

I think I see your problem.. Is it that you always miss the runway when coming in to land?? If thats it, then always overshoot as you make your final turn and aim the plane to you can see the 'close' side. That should roughly line up. I kept doing the same thing until I had my first few flights...
  4. A

Finding runway while flying.

I kept having similar problems until it did the following. Change the view to "Look at Ground" the downside to this is the fact that the plane is much smaller, so to get around that create a new small view window that is zoomed in on your plane. That way you can see the ground just like IRL but...
  5. A

Add-On Three

Addons 3 has been out for a while. My favs are the P38 and the big baby P47. I would love to get the C130 and Mosquito in there as well, but hey, maybe one day we well be able to build our own plane definitions. Go get it, you'll love it. TTFN
  6. A

strange wind effect

Eric, you are a genius. I displayed the wind speed and even with wind speed set to 1mph and 0mph gusts, but the gusty slider set to 100% I was getting gusts up to 25mph!!! No wonder everything was difficult to fly! Maybe they should re-label the slider with unreal set to 0% and tropical storm...
  7. A

Stupidest Setup I've even seen

I too had similar problems. And I bitched to all who would listen. My config is RF Deluxe, G2 upgrade, Addons 1 and 3 running on W2K, Athlon 1200, GeForce2 GTS. Installing RF-D on W2k needed a fix that was downloadable from the website and allowed G2 to install as well. But, after finally...
  8. A

strange wind effect

Apologies in advance for the length, but I was told it matters..... Something wierd is happening with my G2. Even very low wind speeds dramatically affect any plane, from the trainer to the B17. Almost any gust blows the plane at rest. I have even tried setting wind speed to 1 mph with gusts to...
  9. A

Transmitter Interface Adapter

A bit obvious I know, but have you checked out this link??? http://www.knifeedge.com/txinterface.htm I have jsut done what it suggests as I want change from the fake transmitter to a real one as well. I'll let you know what the reply is. =================================== This bit added about...
  10. A

Windows 2000

I have G2 running really well now on W2K, but I would warn you about the speed. I got a new mobo (Athlon Tbird 1200) and installed W98, everything worked but W98 didn't recognize the usb and firewire. Startup time averaged 20-30 seconds, shutdown around 3-5 seconds. Then I installed W2K, now...
  11. A

dumb question

oh well, pity coz not every club has a nice smooth runway! Touch and go's are much more fun from a grass runway
  12. A

dumb question

Is it possible to have a grass runway? maybe I should rtfm first......
  13. A

G3 question

thanks thanks Jackson, I ended up adding a slower cd drive to my system and using that as the RF drive. Everything works now and I have been able to update to the latest version so it doesn't ask for the cds all the time. I still love to prog, just hate it when a brain damaged copy protection...
  14. A

G2 with W2K

well then Just added a CDRW drive that is 2x4x8, thats much slower than the 40x. Then I changed the ini file to point to the E: drive and everything works OK. Can't wait for G3 to come out, especially if it gets rid of that darned copy protection garbage.
  15. A

G2 with W2K

Got a great problem here, Each time RF does that stoopid paranoia cd check, it accesses the CD, spins it up then goes idle. Then it does it all over again and will carry on unless I eject the CD, answer CANCEL to the prompt. Everything then runs great. This is fine, G2 runs. BUT, I was dumb...
Back