Recent content by Bartontb

1. Bartontb

Wind does not work

Well, a plus for the New Menu :D. I believe the legacy menu does not allow you to assign percentages to wind gusts, turbulence, and wind variation.
  2. Bartontb

How does one put dual rates (aileron, elevator, rudder) on ONE switch on Interlink DX controller?

@Ryan Douglas Thank you. My luck, the only aircraft on the variant list that I have was the Viper 70 and it was the first plane I tried after I got the DX controller :D. Thank you for the detailed response.
  3. Bartontb

Free Upgrade and Discounted Upgrade Information

You will have both RF 9.5S and RF Evolution installed and will be able to run either one. Evolution does not overwrite 9.5S.
  4. Bartontb

Show the Legacy Menu System

@flightengr Thank you for posting your findings! I switched back to the legacy menu yesterday and spent time editing some airplane models to add flap-to-elevator mixing. I spent considerable time jumping between aircraft editing and testing the mix setting. For me, the legacy menu made the...
  5. Bartontb

List of added content in RealFlight Evolution

Agreed! An engineer is obligated to never let a good data graphing opportunity pass you by!
  6. Bartontb

Helpful videos for RealFlight Evolution

Perfect example of the use of simulation for experimenting instead of laboriously changing physical components :). Thank you.
  7. Bartontb

Calibrating, error, menu

What is your controller? For calibrating it does not matter what the switch positions should be, they all need to be toggled, slid, and joy sticks moved to their extreme positions. If you are using the Interlink DX controller, the scroll switches are on the back of the controller on either side...
  8. Bartontb

List of added content in RealFlight Evolution

The planes are independent of "modern" or "legacy" navigation interface.
  9. Bartontb

Access to Console Command Window and Original Menu Bar

The original post was by @flightengr. I believe he said he would be making a new thread post about this. In the original post he also said: The setting appears to be permanent, too. I closed RF Evo and then opened it again, and the legacy menus stayed there. I didn't have to repeat those steps...
  10. Bartontb

How does one put dual rates (aileron, elevator, rudder) on ONE switch on Interlink DX controller?

Is the only difference between between stock aircraft with names differing only with Interlink DX is that the Interlink DX models have triple rate switches? Anything else different? Thanks!
  11. Bartontb

Any way to put the menu like a main bar?

@ZaDeer THANK YOU!!! Guess I had better start frequenting RCGroups more...
  12. Bartontb

OK, I have gone through the learning curve for programming a plane profile and demonstrated to myself that it is possible to put all rates on one switch for the DX controller. It would still be nice to know if it is possible to set this configuration up in the DX controller rather than having...
  13. Bartontb

Interlink.DX Simulator controller doesn't work

@legoman THANK YOU!! your description and images provided the keys for me to understand how to program an airplane! I now have aileron, elevator, and rudder all on one rate switch. Also I have flap:elevator mixing and maybe tomorrow I will also add landing gear:elevator mixing :) .
  14. Bartontb

Interlink.DX Simulator controller doesn't work

@legoman Thank you. I had been using the interlink-x controller with RF9 and 9.5S but decided to upgrade to RF Evolution and wanted the controller to mimic my actual RC transmitters (DX8 Gen 2, IX12). Now I'm frustrated as it seems like a step backwards... Thanks for the images on mixing. I...
  15. Bartontb

For the DX controller, the default configuration is one rate per switch. I prefer the rates for all control surfaces to be on one switch (yeah, I'm a relative newbie to RC flying). I have not found a way for the configuration menu for the DX controller does not allow this setup. Please...
Back