Recent content by Bill Stuntz

1. Bill Stuntz

Trident Redux

Yes, no pants. No tuned pipe, either. My motor isn't McCoy, it's a Thunder Tiger GP42 with the carb replaced by a venturi. It's mounted inverted & cowled. I never built/installed the wheel pants. I was going install the pants, but I started having vertigo problems & can't fly C/L anymore...
  2. Bill Stuntz

Trident Redux

I'm VERY happy to see that you're taking another shot at it! Ang thanks for posting the photo of the real C/L one I built a few years ago from scratch. Are you going to include my Santa Clause pilot? You can't see him very well in that photo, but I can post a better one when I get home. I'm...
  3. Bill Stuntz

Very long load times for new aircraft/airport/scenario etc 20-30 seconds or crashes

I don't have RF9.5S, but... Does steam queue downloads & then complete them in the background? If it does, that could explain the fact that a bunch of stuff was missing when an airport that exists in its database hasn't completed downloading. Once the downloads all complete, things go back to...
  4. Bill Stuntz

Importing the Grumman G-44 Widgeon model

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/grumman_g44_g35_ea.8350/ Search using G44 not G-44. Hyphens in searches don't work because you're searching for "G" and "44" as 2 separate words.
  5. Bill Stuntz

Interlink DX sliders

Full-house sailplanes may use the sliders for flaps/spoilers/crow/camber. But crow is usually on the throttle stick - low throttle is full crow maximum drag, full throttle is minimum drag. I'm pretty sure I've seen crow on 9/10 for some 3D planes that use the throttle as expected.
  6. Bill Stuntz

Replacing broken switch on Spektrum Interlink DX controller

Try ebay. A search using "3 position toggle switch r/c" brings up a bunch of them.
  7. Bill Stuntz

Newbie question

Depending on skysnake's intended use, I'm not sure it wouldn't be "good enough" for RF. RF's video requirements are pretty modest. RF8 is "usable" for me on a Dell 1st gen i5 on low graphics settings. I also have a Lenovo 4th gen i7 laptop with Intel HD graphics that gives me about 55fps on...
  8. Bill Stuntz

Possible Solution to the AMD driver/directx 9c problems.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/amd-radeon-issues.56126/
  9. Bill Stuntz

Older Interlink Elite Controller won’t work glider flaps on 9.5

I haven't really done anything with gliders in RF. But back in the dark ages (1976-77) I did some slope flying at Torrey Pines while I was in the Navy. You could just about throw a brick off the cliff there & fly it. I had a C/L Goldberg Shoestring Stunter that I modified for my 4-channel...
  10. Bill Stuntz

Interesting. I hadn't tried that aircraft. But I noticed that it also applies crow, raising both ailerons in addition to larger flap throw below about 25% throttle. The upper 75% or so on the throttle stick only controlls the flaps. I'll have to look at it in the editor & try to figure out...
  11. Bill Stuntz

I played with the RF-97 in RF8's aircraft editor and was able to move the flaps to the CH6 knob (the CH6 knob did nothing before the edit) from the CH9 or CH10 slider - I forget which. One of them controlled only the flaps, and the other also used the ailerons to control the entire wing's...
  12. Bill Stuntz

Can I delete files from my download folder after I have imported them? I am very new and not too savy thanks a lot guys

No sweat. IMHO, more information that might not be necessary is better than not enough. And I really hope they make an automated way to import all the custom aircraft from previous versions. I finally deleted RF5.5, but I still have 7.5 & 8 installed, and I should probably kill 7.5, too. I...
  13. Bill Stuntz

Can I delete files from my download folder after I have imported them? I am very new and not too savy thanks a lot guys

Unk, I don't think he wants to delete the plane IN RF, just the plane's downloaded source file. My suggestion is that unless Dips is hurting for disk space, just leave it in the download folder. It's not hurting anything. And unless things change when the next version of RF comes out, it will...
  14. Bill Stuntz

Spektrum NX10 and RF 9.5S

Ryan, it's good to see that you're still participating here after the move. I wasn't sure you were going to. This raises a question in my mind: Is this a limitation of the NX10, or Windows?
  15. Bill Stuntz

What specific glider? How is it configured? Which channels are used? Typically, flaps are on the CH6 knob, but they might be on CH9 or CH10 - which the Elite doesn't have. THe description in the select aircraft menu might tell you.