Recent content by Bill Stuntz

1. Bill Stuntz

Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60

You don't. The information in the RF model does not include the details necessary to modify it in 3d modelling software. The only visible changes you can make are the color scheme. The shape of the model can't be changed.
  2. Bill Stuntz

Slight control lag on my System.

What you say makes perfect sense to me. But that also confirms that if there's a USB2 device in the system, the total throughput to/from the host PC cannot be pure USB3.0 because the USB3 devices can't be transmitting during that time. Which certainly fulfills the "might reduce the overall...
  3. Bill Stuntz

I don't know how the hub is managing multiple connections bandwidth that the hub's single connection to the PC is capable of supplying/receiving. 2 USB connected devices can't both operate through the hub at full speed simultaneously because the connection to the PC can't do "double-speed...
  4. Bill Stuntz

Or, from superuser.com: Which do you believe? I don't know. I suspect that the REAL answer might be different for cheap vs expensive USB hubs. But it should probably be considered when connecting USB2 dongles/Interlinks for RF.
  5. Bill Stuntz

Menu at the top of the screen with Italian keyboard?

Yeah, thinking more about it, you're right. There's no place to paste the copied character.
  6. Bill Stuntz

Menu at the top of the screen with Italian keyboard?

Maybe type it using the character map? It's a standard ASCII code, even if there isn't a key for it on your KB. I do that when I need something like 72°F or ≠
  7. Bill Stuntz

I know that with multiple RAM sticks, fast RAM ones are limited to the speed of the slowest one. I don't know whether that's true of USB or not. I've never tested it. If it's true, I wasn't aware of it either.
  8. Bill Stuntz

DX11 Beta and mutiplayer

FYI: The current/release version is now DX11. You don't need a beta. AFAIK, multiplayer should work, but I haven't tried it.
  9. Bill Stuntz

Purchase History help

Doesn't Help... About tell you the serial number on your old computer? It does on my RF8 & Evo. I wouldn't expect RF9 to be any different.
  10. Bill Stuntz

Trident Redux

Looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product. Good luck on your surgery. I see you chopped off the points on the rudders. I kinda miss them, but they're missing on my C/L one, too. But not by design. They're too fragile & it didn't take much to break them off.
  11. Bill Stuntz

E-flite Turbo Timber 2_0m

I noticed in your first photos that the leading edge of the wing is cut out for the fuselage. And the top of the windscreen is the leading edge in that section. I don't see that in posts#82&87.
  12. Bill Stuntz

Real Flight 7.5 Replacement

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading something here that there is one old RF controller that is not supported. It might be the original 15-pin (pre-USB) game port controller, but I think It was a wireless one. I've tried searching, but including "wireless" finds a zillion "dongle"...
  13. Bill Stuntz

RF Evolution window shows up and disappears after a second or two...

The file itself. If there is no file with that name, RF will create one when it loads, just like it does when you first install it. If it were me, I'd rename it to RealFlight64.bak. That way you can see what's different - assuming it works. And you might be able to figure out what broke it.
  14. Bill Stuntz

RF Evolution window shows up and disappears after a second or two...

If I'm not mistaken, you can delete (or better yet, rename) the RealFlight64.ini file in your My Documents directory to reset RF to its defaults. You won't lose any aircraft.
  15. Bill Stuntz

Real Flight 6

Please be more specific. An "hp envy" could be any one of at least a couple dozen different PC's. I'm going to assume that it's new, has a 12th gen or later CPU, and uses the onboard GPU. Intel has removed support for DX9 from its video drivers. RF6 requires DX9 and won't work. There are so...
Back