Recent content by da Rock

1. D

How to get started painting models .....................................................

Is there any software somewhere that helps with the task? Or any tricks to handling the model. Any masks anywhere? Any hints on easy ways to create masks?
  2. D

How to get started painting models .....................................................

Thanks for the info on where the files go.
  3. D

Is there any basic guidance somewhere that gets one started painting models? thanks
  4. D

How To Download Aircraft from Website

thank you
  5. D

Fixes for models "not this version"

Hey thanks... My RF6 had lain dormant for a VERY LONG time without use before I just recently installed RF7.5 Update. I noticed it didn't have a couple of my favorites from the RF6.5 (with all ExPacks and AddOn discs installed). So I installed all the ExPacks. I didn't bother with the...
  6. D

Howdy Opjose. How you doin. About those helis ... I've never been interested in those things. Must be a different rock you're thinking of. I'm the guy who sent you a WM paint scheme for an Ultimate, oh maybe 3 years ago? maybe 4? The white, blue/purple, paint job WM had on their 40 size.
  7. D

Crash Test Assassin Smoke

The older versions put out too much exhaust, whether the smoke switch is ON or OFF. Having proper exhaust AND appropriate smoke seems to require the data include two folders. One folder contains the exhaust parameters, the next controls the smoke parameters. IIRC, no matter what the first...
  8. D

I don't have any swap page content. You know there is a difference between smoke and exhaust. And the data files for individual models can have one or two folders. The usual, particularly (pun intended) for older version models, is one folder labeled Smoke. Newer models may or may not...
  9. D

The planes appear to be from the Expansion Packs installed after installing the 7.5 upgrade. I don't have any from anyone else. They're all KE produced. Ryan, thanks, I read through that right after getting the upgrade and all the packs installed. It would seem part of providing backward...
  10. D

After some thought and searching through 7.5's functionality... It would seem reasonable to expect RF/KE would somewhere explain what exactly should be changed to those models that don't fit. They're really the only ones who know what has been changed between the versions. The more you think...
  11. D

7.5 seems to have a Particle Quality and no Particle Density. There are Density values for each plane in edit mode however. It really looks like the need isn't for a global setting as the individual models differ quite a bit, especially the ones from previous versions. Changing that...
  12. D

After a couple of years layoff, I noticed my RF install was pretty old compared to 7.5, so I got an update. Almost right away I noticed some of my favorite models initialized with a long warning that the model was not this version and needed update. Seems reasonable to expect such...
  13. D

CS tutorial RF7 ?

What's the most up to date color scheme tutorial (for 7.5) ?
  14. D

Editing the exhaust

OK, it appears that the Expansion Pack models that come with only one folder can have either a Smoke or Exhaust folder added to the Engine data. It appears you can add whichever you wish and it will appear in the Engine data list above the existing folder. AND THEN... It appears that 7.5...
Back