Recent content by David Robert Wright

1. D

Cessna 310 Physics

DonaldT: Can you please explain what specific issues you see with the Cessna 310? If you like, feel free to make comparisons to any AVs that you think fly or taxi better.
  2. D

challenge on the bad race obstacle course !

Guip: Si vous attachez le f3a (utilisez le menu "Simulator > Export > Aircraft Variant" ou "Simulation > Export > Appareil Variante") je vais l'essayer. Mais j'ai du mal à faire le course avec un avion lent, donc je dois quelques années pour practiquer ! :D (Je vous implore de pardonner mon...
  3. D

Downgrade 4.5 to 4.0

G4.5 is a free upgrade for G4 owners. Run Software Update from the Launcher.
  4. D

Flight Instruction Audio Echo/Skip

I suspect that your physics speed is set to something other than 100%. The beginner difficulty level changes the physics speed as well. It is a known issue that when the physics speed is not 100%, voiceover in recordings and VFIs skip or overlap. This is because the recording changes its speed...
  5. D

Expansion Pack 6 screenshots

Sorry, I misunderstood the process for installing EP6. I just checked with Ryan--you cannot downgrade back to G4 after installing EP6 without losing access to EP6 content. Other than disk space, there is no situation in which G4.5 is more demanding on a computer than G4 if normal maps are...
  6. D

M.Huffman: This is off topic, but I love your avatar. :D
  7. D

It works for both G4 and G4.5.
  8. D

Game Crashes

Robert Jacobs: Your best recourse would be to get in touch with Great Planes software support. http://gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm
  9. D

a small bug...

10inja: Thanks for the report. I have filed a case in our defect tracking system.
  10. D

heres a question not in the "FAQ" list.

Expansion Pack, Add-Ons, and Stock aircraft cannot be deleted individually. Custom user aircraft can be deleted using the Manage User Files dialog. This is in the FAQ, but we're happy to entertain ideas for additions to the FAQ.
  11. D

Brand of Video Card Listed in FAQ

js3862: We use Asus.
  12. D

Problems with Sound??

It is a known issue that at physics speeds other than 100%, audio playback from recordings and virtual flight instruction will stutter.
  13. D

Radio question.

Though official technical support almost always offers users a better experience than asking fellow forum users, there are still times when users can be reasonably expected to offer advice. Were this not so, this forum wouldn't exist. This thread is an example of a case in which a user can offer...
  14. D

Radio question.

dugystolo: It shouldn't make a difference whether you take the crystal out, but it's generally considered good practice to take the crystal out when you're not using it to fly a real airplane.
  15. D

Ranking system???

I've always liked the idea of a game that deletes files every time you lose a life. Same thought if you're playing a mission-oriented game and you fail at a mission objective. The more important the failed objective, the more important the file that gets deleted.
Back