Recent content by deathbunny

1. D

n00b, asking for basic advice

The biggest thing you will pick up from the simulator will be learning how to control the plane no matter of its orientation. Its very easy to dump a plane flying low to the ground on a landing aproach or w/e if you go to correct and end up "correcting" the wrong direction. With enough sim...
  2. D

Plug-in for Pro/E

Ok I talked to our graphic artists today. They are using an autocad prolly autodesk or w/e to read the pro/e files and export a file format that 3dsmax can read prolly 3ds file. Once the converted pro/e files are in max there is no issues that we have seen with the models. My artist wasn't...
  3. D

Good G4 PC for reasonable $$ ??

Its not bad information. I explained exactly what i tested. I didnt test the 3d fields because I dont really like them thats why I said what I performed the tests on. FYI I am getting about 60-100 fps at 3.2ghz with my 8800gts 512 on the 3d field. Obviously the 3d fields will be harder on...
  4. D

Plug-in for Pro/E

I think there is a way to get pro e models into 3dsmax. I program training sims for the military and i am almost positive our 3d artist get the model files they start out with in pro e format from the engineering department. Then they bring them into max somehow and add the textures and create...
  5. D

Good G4 PC for reasonable $$ ??

From the little amount of testing at different overclocking settings I have done RF really seems to like high cpu clock speeds. Running at stock 2.4 on my dual core i get around 100 fps with a little stuttering and slowing esp with recorder running, at 3.2 i get around 200 fps and barely any...
  6. D

Do You Want A Better Online Experience?

Thats why I said it shouldn't take a very good server setup ie very cheap to handle a few rc planes. My gaming pc would prolly be way more then sufficient to be the "dedicated server" for all of RF if it had a real net connection. IMO they shouldn't spend a bunch of aditional money developing...
  7. D

I did before I posted and I was replying to them, dont really understand what your trying to say.
  8. D

Most personal internet connections have much higher download speeds then upload speeds. The person hosting a session usualy needs a very good upload speed to pump out data fast enough so the clients can run without lagging. A dedicated server would fix this problem. When I join sessions alot...
  9. D

Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4

I have found the swap pages and I have downloaded a couple planes from it. The G4 version planes work fine but I get errors when I fly the ones built for 3.5 or older complaining about parts not having aerodynamics associated to it or something along those lines. If the errors dont mean...
  10. D

Ahh didnt even realise there was a difference. It looks like "addons" is just the older set of "expansion packs". Unfortunatly I am looking for an Edge 540 and it looks like the only one is in one of the addon sets :( Thanks for clearing up the difference for me though.
  11. D

Hmmm the LHS tried to tell me the xpacs would work with G4. Good thing I learned along time ago not to trust sales people at any kinda small hobby type shop and to research on the web first. To his defence he prolly just didn't know any better I dont think he was lying to try and make the...
Back