Recent content by diamondave5

1. D

getting a new computer

interesting....is that different than if i continued the installation with the rf5 i had?...i guess 8 would be better in some other ways in general tho ...after looking on tower i have the interlink plus controller which i read will work with 8, other than the rewind button is there an advantage...
  2. D

getting a new computer

i was thinking of looking at rf8, let me ask this, does it integrate or replace dx12? meaning after its installed and running, when i look up on my computer will it say i have dx12 or will it say dx9? not sure how much difference there actually is, reading stuff online some say 9 is good, just...
  3. D

getting a new computer

not really sure what ya mean or how to do it, it doesn’t open at all or ask me how to run it...this weekend i’ll have some time to play around with things...right now my gut is telling me not to mess with the dx12 like some of the fixes online suggest, i haven’t had a new pc for myself in a...
  4. D

getting a new computer

yeh actually found tons of stuff online pretty quick about this being common with windows 10, it comes with dx12, and doesn’t work with many “older” games people like, saw some patches that are supposed to fix it, some say they work, some say they aren’t compatible, others say causes crashes, 12...
  5. D

getting a new computer

gonna see if it updates to 5.5 if that will do anything
  6. D

getting a new computer

okay im on my new pc :) i saved the serial numbers and the real flight folder that was in my documents on the old pc, its on an external hard drive, i uninstalled it on the old pc, just installed from the rf 5 disk cause i think someone said its a stand alone and i dont need to load the old 3...
  7. D

getting a new computer

okay it’s been a while, things came up and wasn’t able to get a new pc till now, what i forgot to ask is after i save the serial numbers and that folder in my documents(probably to an external hard drive)..i’m guessin i should do an uninstall on the old pc before trashing it? cause setting up on...
  8. D

getting a new computer

thanks for the info....I'll ask about that stuff when i talk to the store
  9. D

getting a new computer

i have an external hard drive so i figure I'll copy whatever i need from real flight to that for the transfer
  10. D

getting a new computer

i was kinda wondering if the newer integrated stuff was better, i saw that the 4850 came out in 08, thats what was recommend at the time i guess, so the new system may be good enough for me to start out with then....my system is pretty much maxed out so i dont want to try and do any more with it...
  11. D

getting a new computer

I'm going to see how much the computer store will charge for a card thats not integrated then I'll decide to do it then or wait and try the system first....i looked up the one i saw on the faqs page, Radeon 4850, only around 65 bucks on eBay for new ones, half that for used ones, so not too...
  12. D

getting a new computer

interesting, guess if the system dump thing or a copy paste/install doesn't work I'll try to just load the upgrade cd first and see what happens
  13. D

getting a new computer

yeh i dont think i have 3 for some reason...
  14. D

getting a new computer

btw i was cleaning out my spare room and found expansion packes 4 & 5, guess i had even more than i thought :/)
  15. D

getting a new computer

i read some of that on here, thats why i am concerned about the system i was planning to get, I'm going to inquire about adding a better card, i actually have an old Microsoft flight simulater too for full size airplanes with actual airports, i ended up unistalling it and gave up cause even...
Back