Recent content by fgibson

1. fgibson

Goldberg Super Chipmunk

The Goldberg Chipmunk is a favorite of mine but I never got around to building one. I also like the CAP21. I searched the swap pages for one but didn't see any. I'm with Marcus on the sound of a four stroke. But, I've gone totally electric these days. Looking forward to flying the Chipmunk!
  2. fgibson

New Preview Video of field surrounded by a 2D tree line

That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure I've seen that before. Are those stock fields or ones from the swaps?
  3. fgibson

New Preview Video of field surrounded by a 2D tree line

So our field is surrounded by trees and I wanted to see how a 2D tree line would work. I guess the idea was that surrounding the field with 3D trees would take a lot more processing power. And, by using pictures of the actual trees I could make the created field look more like the actual field...
  4. fgibson

How do I change EXPO in RF9 using my Spektrum DX8

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a general rule of thumb regarding Expo setup. Don't recall ever looking for one actually. But, I'm going to experiment with those percentages. Maybe it will help me. So are these extreme maneuvers related to 3D flying?
  5. fgibson

Personally, I never fly above 20% expo on the radio. You also need to look at the plane's values. One of the planes I looked at had no expo values. One of my favorites. I'm with 12oclockhigh on this one. Don't like a lot of expo and I have removed it from several of the planes I fly the most...
  6. fgibson

Set Expo using the aircraft editor, not your radio. While in the RF Simulator mode, select the aircraft you want to edit. From the top menu, select "Aircraft" then "Edit Selected Aircraft" In the Aircraft Editor select the "Radio" tab and you can edit the expo on each channel. At least that's...
  7. fgibson

Issues with Radeon 5700 XT

Updated with no issues so far. Thanks Ryan.
  8. fgibson

Issues with Radeon 5700 XT

Just wondering if there are any other AMD/Radeon cards that are not working. I have a Radeon HD 5450 but I have not yet upgraded to 9.5...thought I would wait to see what issues are popping up first.
  9. fgibson

3ds max version 2021 import error (material not recognized)

OK I misunderstood the naming of the material. I thought "~ALPHA" just had to be included in the name. I understand the black and white transparency thing. The RF logo and the car were just random graphics I put in to see if RF was actually using the alpha channel. Thanks for the help!
  10. fgibson

So, I’m still trying to figure out the nuances of projected objects in RF. Some seem to look just fine, others have artifacts that might come and go depending on their distance away from the camera. I also have a question about how RF handles alpha channels. As technoid suggested, I named my...
  11. fgibson

No luck with the"Solidify" filter or anything else I've tried. I'm out of ideas and I think I'll give it a rest for a day or two...that is unless someone posts another idea to try. :)
  12. fgibson

Actually I think I was wrong about the white box. I believe it might be caused by...well...see this thread on Messy Alpha channels: https://answers.unity.com/questions/10302/messy-alpha-problem-white-around-edges.html I' going to try the "Solidify" filter and see if that helps.
  13. fgibson

Both the texture and the object are square. The texture is 1024x1024. The object is 180x180 (inches). What you describe with the 10 pixel border (black on the alpha channel) is exactly what I did. The problem is that when the texture is placed on the object, the alpha channel border makes...
  14. fgibson

I just realized where the white box is coming from. When the Texture is applied to the face, the transparent border is allowing the color of the face to show through. Off hand I can't think of any way to fix that so, it's kind of back to the drawing board...
Back