Recent content by flarosa

1. F

Carrying a camera

5 in 1 eDVR Thanks for that tip. That 5 in 1 eDVR camera is exactly what I want. Too bad you can't buy them anywhere.
  2. F

Carrying a camera

One of my long-term goals is to fly a helicopter with a camera attached to it. I'm having a hard time understanding how much extra weight a given helicopter could carry and what effect this will have on its performance. Is there a way I could edit the various models in RealFlight to simulate...
  3. F

Helicopter progress

After several weeks of practice, I'm able to hover and fly around with all the helicopters in RealFlight successfully, as long as I keep them pointed away from me. I've tried nose-in hovering and side-view hovering a few times, but I'm getting nowhere with it. I crash right away. Given that a...
  4. F

Controller switches

I'm suprised at how little documentation there is as to what functions the switches and the knob on the controller are supposed to perform for each aircraft. (I'm flying mostly the helicopters). I see vague references to things like "dual rates", but no specific information as to what switch...
  5. F

Helicopter hovering question

Controller input Hi everyone, Thanks for the tips and the video. I'm learning a little at a time. One thing I noticed is that if I edit the helicopter and I cut the sensitivity of the pitch and roll functions by half, I'm much more successful at controlling it, probably because I tend to move...
  6. F

Frequent lockups

cool bits Thanks for the tip about coolbits. I ran the test and the numbers came out slightly higher than the defaults. Unfortunately I can't find a better driver for my sound card as the company that makes it appears to be out of business and the latest driver from Windows Update doesn't...
  7. F

Frequent lockups

Thanks Thanks for the input. I tried changing a setting in the NVIDA control panel for hardware performance to "compatibility mode" and this has helped a lot, although I still crash once in a while. On several occasions I noticed that the crash occured just as a helicopter was drifting...
  8. F

A marble in a pie tin Yes, I see what you mean. This is tough and slow-going! I've been at it for two days now and the best I can do is about one minute before I totally crash the thing. Is a real helicopter (one with people inside it) this unstable? If so, my hat's off to anyone who'd set...
  9. F

Frequent lockups

Hi, I just installed the software last night. It's great when it works, but I'm finding that it freezes (and locks up my entire computer) every 5 or 10 minutes. I'm on a Pentium 4 2 GHZ with 1MB RAM and a GeForce 6600 GT video card. After the first crash I downloaded and installed the latest...
  10. F

Helicopter Hey thanks for the tips. I notice that if I move the right stick to the right, the helicopter seems to tilt a little and then it stays tilted that way even when I release the stick back to the center. Is this what's supposed to happen?
  11. F

Hi there, I'm pretty new to all this stuff. I want to fly model helicopters, eventually. So I'm starting with RealFlight and the Impala Trainer helicopter. One confusing point is the two toggle switches in the upper left and upper right hand corners of the controller. I notice that the engine...
Back