Recent content by GeoffS

1. GeoffS

Launcher fails to launch RF

I've recently re-installed RF 9.5 successfully and retained most of my add-on aircraft and airfields. Everything was working perfectly until today, after a couple of weeks not being used. Clicking on the Launcher Ikon gives an error KEError 21017 plus a message that 'The launcher will not be...
  2. GeoffS

DeHaviland Tiger or Gypsy Moth

Thanks. I'll download them all :) Geoff PS The Tiggie in add-on Volume 5 is G-ACDC which is the one I've modelled (I'm DH fan). As it's electric (on 4S LiPo) I thought it an appropriate registration :)
  3. GeoffS

DeHaviland Tiger or Gypsy Moth

I just wondered if there is a simulation for either of these aircraft? I've tried the search function with no success as well as ploughing through the lists. Similarly, I haven't found a Hawker Hurricane or, better, a Fury. thanks Geoff btw my avatar is my 58" ws electric Gypsy Moth, hence...
  4. GeoffS

RF 9.5 Stearman

There's a Stearman here.
  5. GeoffS

WS2000 dongle usb extension cable improves performance

It's quite common with 2.4gHz transmitter/receivers for communication errors when too close. It's a bit unnerving at first when you're setting up a model but that's the only time you get that close (hopefully!) when actually flying. In the case of Frsky kit it's usually a loss of telemetry...
  6. GeoffS

Editing models on RF9.5

I've been experimenting with rearward CoG just to get the hang of it as well as to see how sensitive the Sopwith Pup is to balance. I have a 1:5.5 scale model of one to maiden once we're out of lockdown (it's about 10 months since I finished it). I've just about filled the cowl with what seems...
  7. GeoffS

Altitude setting

I look forward to your update. I use this field in preference to all the others (at least for now). Now I'm aware of the altitude issue, it isn't a problem. I was merely puzzled and wondered if there was a way of calibration I hadn't noticed. What I did notice was the little bump as I taxied...
  8. GeoffS

Airport creation - altitude

I did wonder if it would be addressed in the latest update which I downloaded earlier today but evidently not. It doesn't bother me too much now I'm aware of it (I use that field a lot) but I did lose a few expensive aeroplanes completing a loop 2 metres below the ground :p
  9. GeoffS

Airport creation - altitude

Just please try and make sure that ground level is actually ground level unlike the RF simulation of the AMA Flying site 3 which has an aircraft on the ground registering as being 11 metres (35') above the runway. It's most confusing if, like me, you have the Nav Guide display enabled :)
  10. GeoffS

Limbo Dancer Fun Fly

Thanks Technoid. That's a great help. The 'real' Limbo Dancer' is 50" ws so I assume it's your sim that's 82". The one in the picture was powered with an MDS 38, probably one of the few MDS engines that were reasonable. I replaced it eventually with a Super Tigre 34 which was better and the...
  11. GeoffS

Limbo Dancer Fun Fly

I've been searching for a Limbo Dancer fun fly simulation but haven't been able to find it (there's a lot of aeroplanes but no search function :) ) I found a thread started by Technoid in 2016 but no link to the simulation itself. I have (or, more accurately 'had' - now I have just the wing) a...
  12. GeoffS

How to get separate aileron channels on RF?

I suppose you can set up expo on your non-Spektrum transmitter because RF 9.5 wouldn't know if the rate of stick movement it's seeing is caused by the operators stick movement or the electronics in the transmitter. I don't have proper control of my right hand because of a spinal injury (why I...
  13. GeoffS

How to get separate aileron channels on RF?

If you have 2 aileron servos then why not use 2 channels? I don't speak Spektrum either - just Multiplex and, now, OpenTx via Frsky usually. Both systems offer 100% flexibility to the user to specify any servo to any channel or mix. All the real life models I build have separate aileron servos...
  14. GeoffS

How does the real RC AH-1 Skyraider compare?

Thanks, Legoman. It's an excellent simulation.
  15. GeoffS

How does the real RC AH-1 Skyraider compare?

I agree, the Skyraider is very enjoyable sim to fly. Not quite worked out all the mixes (the cockpit seems to be open or shut at random - I'm sure it's not) and the mix between the bomb and the guns is a bit strange but the main flying controls (which I'm most interested in) are fine. There's...
Back