Recent content by Graystar

1. G

Can G5 be used to learn thermal soaring?

Well that's what I'm banking on, as Aerofly is developed in Germany, though...just like my guns...I like my software made in America ;)
  2. G

That's sound advice. One would think that the developers of a simulator who made the effort to include hi-start, winch, and tow launching, and provide 10 sailplane models would place sailplane dynamics up there with powered airplane dynamics. But making presumptions is usually a good way to...
  3. G

I've been away from sailplanes for a while, since my first attempts to learn many years ago. I've never heard the term "bungie" in relations to launching sailplanes, but I guess that could be another name for it. A histart is a length of surgical tubing attached to a length of string. You...
  4. G

I think I might wait a bit until Tower has Aerofly 5 in stock, and buy that instead. It has hi-start and winch launching. Thanks for the help.
  5. G

Thanks for the info. I just found the G5 manual on the RealFlight website and I'm looking it over now. Thanks again.
  6. G

Thanks, that's pretty cool. I notice you have sailplane in a window as well. I used to do that with the AeroChopper when the plane was just too far away. Is there a way to set a miminum size of the plane in flight so you don't need to use that orientation window?
  7. G

:eek: You've got to be kidding! No high-start?? Even my 12 year old Ambrosia RC AeroChopper simulator had a high-start! That makes so sense, especially since launching is a skill all its own. That's quite a serious omission. Thanks for pointing that out.
  8. G

Yes, I searched but none of those threads were really helpful.
  9. G

Does RealFlight have the necessary functionality to learn how to hunt for thermals? And are the skills that I'd learn on G5 usable in the real world, or will they only be useful in the RealFlight world (like learning the controls of a game)? Thanks for any insights on this.
Back