Recent content by hsamuels

1. H

TX16s with USB connection as controller

Fantastic! Now we know how to avoid the issue. Thank you everybody for all of your help!
  2. H

You are on to something here! I put 3 pos switches in channels 5-8. If you start the calibration with a 3 pos switch at one extreme, RF thinks it's a 2 pos switch. On channels 6 and 7, if the 3 pos switch is up (away) when the cal routine tells you to center the controls, the sticks end up at...
  3. H

I have a radio setup that calibrates fine in Windows, and it has the 64% problem in RF8. The same radio setup, with no additional Windows calibration, has no problem with the Heli-X or NeXt simulators. This looks very much like a bug in RF8. Since some radio setups do work with RF8, I wish...
  4. H

The mixed control issue may have been just an incomplete Windows calibration. The 64% trim issue is the main focus here.
  5. H

That's an excellent question. As far as I can recall, I've always tried more than 8 channels, and all of the first 8 were filled. Those are the only proportional channels, which we need for sticks and any switch with more than 2 positions. It was pointed out that my default channel order TAER...
  6. H

Hi Flapper, I'm pretty sure that I always had more than 8 channels on my setups. The only reason I'd like to use the USB cable is that the WS2000 has only 8 channels. But some of my setups have the problem, and some don't! In addition to the test I described above, I'll take a working setup...
  7. H

Hi N8LBV, My apologies for the confusion. I had started from a setup that exhibited the 64% trim problem. Then I reordered the inputs to TAER123456, with each channel passing straight from the input to the mixer. And after the calibration in RF8, the 64% trim problem disappeared. I have no...
  8. H

Thank you for sacrificing your switches to the cause! In all of my failed instances, the Windows calibration appears to be working fine. According to the joystick test window, the bars appear to be centered, and the min and max limits on the sticks appear to make the bars go from 0 to 100...
  9. H

I've noted that my WS2000 works perfectly. I also have an Rx2Sim that always worked perfectly, but I haven't tried it recently. It shares the 8-channel limitation. Could it be an issue with how Windows deals with more than 8 channels? Admittedly the joystick test window indicates proper...
  10. H

Look at the footer on your own post! I don't know if USB 3 could be the issues, but my computer has only USB 3 ports so I can't try a USB 2 port.
  11. H

I agree on the assessment of the Windows USB Joystick interface. The first 8 channels are proportional, and then there are a whole pile of buttons, which we would normally assign to 2-pos switches. You can assign the sticks, sliders, pots, or >2 position switches to the proportional channels...
  12. H

Short response: Everything is working now, and all proportional channels are 50% when the controls are centered. Longer response: I had set up 10 inputs, and then assigned each input to a channel on the mixer screen, 100% for each input. But the order in the mixer wasn't always the same as...
  13. H

I think it was from rudder to one of the non-stick proportional channels. That always seems to happen in the RF controller setup until you've exercised all of the controls. Perhaps I was missing one of the controls when I saw that.
  14. H

I'm astonished! After calibration, all 8 proportional axes are at 50%. Possible differences between our setups include: I use TAER, you used AETR. I don't know if that makes a difference, although the Windows setup starts with the D-Pad. The D-Pad apparently is two of the 8 proportional...
  15. H

In the Windows USB Game Controller calibration, I turned on 'Display Raw Data' and everything went from 0 to 2047, with a midpoint of 1024. I think that's another data point that says that whatever the radio is sending can be calibrated in Windows before it gets to Realflight.
Back