Recent content by islamelnady

1. I

Changing environment variables in a script

Is there a way to change wind speed and direction in a flight autonomously by a script or something? For example, for the 1st 10 seconds, windspeed and direction are a and b. For the next 10 seconds they'd be changed to c and d. I see that there're console commands for changing many parameters...
  2. I

Objects' positions keep messing up in airport edit

I'm trying to set objects folder and plane spawn positions to 0,0,0 or even other values as a reference to make it easier adding custom objects relative to them. But everytime I adjust the positions, save, and close, positions are messed up with random values.
  3. I

Difference in physics characteristics between "wing" and "symmetrical wing" !

Makes sense. Thanks @legoman is there something like a reference for the methods RF uses to make these calculations (aerodynamics, physics, etc) ? so one can consider them when modeling a plane.
  4. I

Also, what airfoils for the fuselage, engine, and any other unconventional part (other than wings) should be set? the default is NACA 0016!
  5. I

when defining my wing as "Wing" component, the plane experiences a rolling moving after discuss launching. I changed the component into "Symmetrical wing" and the rolling movement is much less than before. The same airfoil and geometry are used for both cases. any idea why is that?
Back