Recent content by Jack732

1. J

[Tutorial] get orientation angles from RF9

These forums really helped me when I first started using RF9. Thought I should give back. Also here's an updated script, it uses some new libraries so you can just plug in a cheap xbox one controller via usb into your computer, and that will act as the input into the simulator. #original...
  2. J

[Tutorial] get orientation angles from RF9

Since nobody on here has copy-pasted a simple code snippet to retrieve the angular orientation data from an aircraft whilst flying in RF9, I'll do it, somebody has to do it-*looks up at the sky* I am the chosen one. The code right now just has placeholder controller input values set, you will...
  3. J

FlightAxis Link Q&A

Since nobody on here has copy-pasted a simple code snippet to retrieve the angular orientation data from an aircraft whilst flying in RF9, I'll do it, somebody has to do it-*looks up at the sky* I am the chosen one. The code right now just has placeholder controller input values set, you will...
  4. J

3 bladed prop, gas/electric question

oh, I see lol. Ya I just use the 3W 120B2 with large power percent and changed gear ratio for large thrust...hope RF devs add a high thrust electric motor soon.
  5. J

Ya, "FreeRCHobby.com" , just Google them and they've got the cheapest, strongest electric motors I've seen. You know I'm trying to sell a 3W 684 competition, twin spark engine if you're interested. At a dirt cheap price too, Since the market for such an engine is so small..
  6. J

I see. These graphs are in line with my suspicions. Thank you for pointing them out. The 55" 3 bladed prop has a maximum rpm of 2700 with the MP238/50, so the electric motor is likely faster at least at raising the rpm. Appreciate your time Legoman :) , HEY! a Lego has fallen into the river...
  7. J

I see, I wasn't aware the ICE had its own breaking system, I assumed it only used resistance to slow down. Now the opposite, Would a brushless motor achieve the desired thrust faster than a internal combustion engine if they both used the same propeller? A comparison perhaps, which would...
  8. J

Oh, and one more sorry, would a brushless motor lower its thrust faster than a ICE?
  9. J

Hello Legoman, thanks for your response! I'm currently eying the MP238/50 brushless motor from FreeRCHobby. It's a Chinese company. It generates close to 216 lbs with their 55" 3 bladed prop according to them. You were dead on about it having to do with the weight of the prop, after selecting...
  10. J

Futaba T14SG

lol no gals use this stuff..joking! I'm joking.
  11. J

Futaba T14SG

Hey Tiz, Well I can tell you the Hangar 9 P51 Mustange 20cc is ready to use as a model in 9.5S as well as the version for interlinDX. I'm not sure about connecting your transmitter, I use to use the software "vJoy" for my transmitter though that also required an arduino. With the newest...
  12. J

Hello all, I have a large quad drone modeled in realflight9.5 which is controlled via simulator with ardupilot. In RF9 I had it using 3Ws gas engines to simulate the desired amount of thrust as I could not find an electric motor within the simulator that could output the required amount of...
  13. J

Purpose of everything other than physics?

Marcus, I greatly appreciate your reply, I've seen you often on here, you're like a knifeedge legend. The point you made about the strength of the wing in scaling is something I completely overlooked, I supposed having an accurate tell of the strength of the wing in flight is something I shall...
  14. J

12oclockhigh, Thank you for you answer, I appreciate your input. Jack
  15. J

Hello friends, I was wondering, what is the point of creating the whole model for RF9 other than for visual purposes, collisions? Because you could use a solid block for your plane if you just get the physics right-meaning you go into RF9 and you create your wire frame wings and select the...
Back