Recent content by JasonJones

1. J

Feature Request? - Export to 3.5 from 4?

Very helpful... I did try this on one model and had some issues, but thinking back it may have been something else that didn't work, and I gave up :) I will try this at the next chance I get, it definately would be a easy work around solution... thanks! Jason
  2. J

Feature Request? - Export to 3.5 from 4?

I've been getting a few requests from the swap pages to export the couple of models I've created for 3.5 users. I know there is no easy way to import from 4 to 3.5, and being that I don't have a direct copy of 3.5 to play with it gets to be quite a chore to set up the models again from the .kex...
  3. J

3D model "Parts" Repository?

No it wont matter. You can have a mix of public/private folders. I see your files in there as a regular user now.. "Engines Folder" Jason
  4. J

G4 file to G3.5?

There's a newer KEX exporter? Is that the Beta? Any idea what changed? Sorry to hijack your thread. Jason
  5. J

Just an FYI, if you want him to be able to browse to your files, you have to make that folder "public" Jason
  6. J

You may have hit on an even better solution to keep things within the KE forums etc... We can start a "Modelers Repository" Thread, ask that it be stickied here in the Designers Corner. In there, post your models with previews, description etc... you have full control over the content as you...
  7. J

The different model programs/formats wouldn't be a huge issue, as most of the model programs will import other file types. There could also be a list of acceptable formats as well to keep things mostly compatible. It would be nice to have KE host it, but I'm not sure it would be something they...
  8. J

So as I'm working on a few models for friends, I've spent the time to make my own servos, arms, horns, etc and I recycle those into each model. Thinking about it, it would be pretty helpful if there was a repository for parts/bits... Things we use a lot, servos, motors, batteries, RX, ESC...
  9. J

Editing Model in Swap?

Rats.. :) I did notice that last part when updating my JSW model with having to remove all the CS first.. Thanks for the reply! Jason
  10. J

Editing Model in Swap?

I have a couple models I've added to the swap pages, and I'd like to know if after they are up there if you can update the acutal model w/o deleting and re-uploading? I'd like to add some features to one of my models, fix some stupid mistakes I made in the location in parent etc... I have yet...
  11. J

y-ufo_EA

Y-UFO Deluxe - A very unique hover-craft designed with on-board gyros and a mixing board that does not require a computer radio. The Y-UFO utilizes (3) brushless motors mounted on anodized aluminum arms spanning 940mm (almost 1 full meter), and weighing in at 400 grams. Only one servo in the...
  12. J

y-ufo_EA

JasonJones submitted a new upload: y-ufo_EA View the Swap Page
  13. J

y-ufo_EA - Images

Images
  14. J

y-ufo_EA

JasonJones updated y-ufo_EA with a new update entry: Images Read the rest of this update entry...
  15. J

Importing model from G4 into G3? Is it possible?

Well, we tried the cleaned up files and its still a no go, so like you said, it wont work... We are going to do the .kex next like you suggested. Just sucks that he'll have to go through and set everything up. For some of the more complex models (y-ufo) there is quite a bit of setup in mixers...
Back