Recent content by JCHarrist

1. JCHarrist

Google sketchup

Sketchup Pro is $495. I know this is an old thread, but Simlab now has a plug-in that exports .3ds files from the free version of Sketchup. It does cost $95 but there is a free trial version. I've tested it and it does work although you will still need to do pivots and hierarchy in another program.
  2. JCHarrist

Blender 2.5x

KEMax and 3ds2kex are two different things. KEmax is a plugin for 3dsMax. 3ds2kex is a program that converts a 3ds file to kex.
  3. JCHarrist

Blender 2.5x

3ds2kex is a standalone program but it must be run from a DOS command line. It sounds like he is trying to run it by double clicking the program icon.
  4. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

Some screenshots.
  5. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

The SkyFly Max with camera is up on the swap pages I didn't even need the Max file. All I had to do was attach a camera to the pod in the editor and it pans and tilts with it. The F4 key switches the view to the onboard camera. The channel 7 flap/retract switch toggles the right stick between...
  6. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

Ok, here's the G5.5 RFX file.
  7. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

I converted your Max file to 3ds and ran it through the 3ds2kex converter and then imported to G3.5 and loads fine that way too. I'm stumped as to what's causing it.
  8. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

It works fine that way too.
  9. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

It works flawlessly in G5.5. :o
  10. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

Well, that's strange. I'm using the EA that you attached earlier and it definitely doesn't show up there. I'm going to export it into G5.5 and see what happens there.
  11. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

Well in his Max file this part is named ~CS_TAILSKID and it 's not showing up in the RF editor list for some reason. Collision meshes are required for any part that touches the ground.
  12. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

Ok, well a quick glance shows that your ~CS_TAILSKID is not making it through into the kex. It shows up visually in the editor, but is not listed in the component drop down menu. I'm guessing that the collision mesh for it is not being recognized. I'll take a closer look later this evening.
  13. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

Ok, I got it. How are you converting to .kex? Are you using 3ds2kex or a plug-in?
  14. JCHarrist

Sky Fly Max

Flexible, I'm not seeing a Max file in there. I removed the .g3x and unzipped and it looks like a EA. I imported the .kex into G3.5 and it does start with the tail in the ground. It rises out of the ground and then works ok. Is that what you're seeing? I'd be interested in taking a look at...
  15. JCHarrist

E-Flite UMX Beast_EA

The Ultra-Micro eXtreme (UMX) Beast is a thrilling small-scale recreation of one of the most awe inspiring airplanes on the airshow circuit today. Length: 14.7 inches. Wingspan: 15.7 inches. Flying weight 2.3 ounces. 4-channel control. Model and physics by J.C. Harrist. Original Beast...
Back